Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Vanish Point

I don't see why that would be impossible. The WCUSA "theme" barely exists at the moment.

PzP said:
We're too far north for large outdoor tanks for animals.

What do you mean too far north?

There are marine parks with large tanks in Canada and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in California is directly across the country from WCUSA.

Reactions: Le Moose

The tanks would need to be heated and protected from the outside elements which will cost lots of money. It's cheaper to keep it the way it is.

Reactions: Le Moose

Yes, but large outdoor tanks with the tropical animals one expects to see at a Sea World are impossible due to the colder weather. Sure, we can do marine mammals, but nothing like sharks or rays.

*whispers* "Ohio..."

...but in all seriousness, this is the "Vanish Point" thread, and not the "Aquatica Williamsburg will not work here" thread. Please treat it as so.

EDIT: Posts have been split out for further discussion.

PzP said:
Yes, but large outdoor tanks with the tropical animals one expects to see at a Sea World are impossible due to the colder weather. Sure, we can do marine mammals, but nothing like sharks or rays.

The only major animal attraction at Aquatica that requires a sizeable outdoor tank are the Commerson dolphins. There are no sharks or rays at Aquatica. The Commersons are native to the cold waters of the Antarctic. If WCUSA got an Aquatica makeover they would have to keep the water cool, which is something that SeaWorld easily does with their gigantic Orca tanks.

Water Country USA's theme is a 70's and 60's surfer's paradise theme. You know like the Beach Boys type music and what not. It's really not that bad of a theme.

Reactions: Coasternerd
*50s and 60s. But a few years ago they went into older music that's as new as the 1980s, now its whatever gets airtime on the radio.

B.Mac said:
*50s and 60s. But a few years ago they went into older music that's as new as the 1980s, now its whatever gets airtime on the radio.

Really? Well they can go for a beach party theme. Still works, sorta.

Party Rocker said:
Well they can go for a beach party theme. Still works, sorta.

No, not even sorta. It is a fail and now a reason why I have only visited 25% of what I usually do each summer. The atmosphere with the Oldies made the park what it WAS atmospherically.

I've mentioned this before in other threads, but I strongly believe all SEAS water parks should be Aquatica branded. Brand recognition is huge so it makes sense to have one brand you are selling. Also it's a major cost savings because you are only buying one brand of merch to sell, one set of signs, one set of tubes. Anything with a name on it is cheaper this way. It makes your marketing so much sleeker than 3 different water park brands listed. True you'd have 2 parks fairly close in Florida, but they service different targets really. Obviously each aquatica wouldn't look alike, but that doesn't matter as long as the general theme carries through.

At the very minimum WCUSA should become an Adventure Isle to consolidate to 2 brands. I still think one SEAS water park brand makes the most sense. Honestly I cannot believe this hasn't already happened.

I'm not sure - yeah, I see what you're saying from a corporate logistics viewpoint assuming rebranding isn't prohibitively expensive since all sort of branded items would need to be replaced, but I'm curious how the guests whom have known it as WCUSA for decades would react.

Would they expect a brand new park experience, or be generally indifferent? Would they not adopt the new name and still refer to it as WCUSA? Would the park see any sort of increase in revenues?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad