[April Fools 2019...?] Relaunch of the ParkFans Wiki

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

The Quist

The Ghastly Grinner messed me UP as a kid
Sep 7, 2018
I also updated the HoS description to properly reflect the event's patronage.
"The other subsequent 10 months of the year, the not-so-quiet minority of HoS fans will literally not shut the fuck up about the upcoming HoS event - annoying everyone else on PFN. "

So true and guilty as charged. Good job sir.

Reactions: UncleDuncan

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
I added to the untouched San Marco article. You're very welcome. 😉

EDIT: AAANNNNDDD... Added Forest of Fun and InvadR

Last edited:
Reactions: RollyCoaster

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
So, as many/all of you eventually guessed, today's relaunch of the ParkFans Wiki was this year's April Fools joke. Hopefully everyone had at least a little bit of fun with it!

Going in, we wanted the initial announcement post to look serious with the wiki itself being a relatively obvious joke. That said, from the start, we faced an unexpected issue: People were correcting our intentionally false, bad content. That was a challenge we didn't expect but one that was very entertaining to watch.

We don't know exactly what we are doing with all of the content dumped into the fake wiki right now and are open to ideas.

As for the Wiki Contributor badges, those are all going away. I have made note of the people who received them though and possibly they could matter again in the future...

Anyway, for anyone who isn't familiar with the long history of ParkFans April Fools festivities, here is a full list of our previous charades:
[Zachary looks at the clock]
[Zachary hits post reply]

😉

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
[Zachary looks at the clock]

Ah! But you see, we've actually doubled-crossed you all!

The idea that us relaunching the ParkFans Wiki was an April Fools joke was the actual April Fools joke all along!

We are relaunching the ParkFans Wiki! It won't be a bland, sloppy, vanilla MediaWiki install either—we are designing a fully integrated ParkFans Wiki built on top of our existing ParkFans Forum infrastructure! More details on all of this will be coming very soon!

In the meantime though, anyone who thought that ParkFans relaunching the ParkFans Wiki was our April Fools joke, I have three words for you...

Happy April Fools!

Zimmy

Nessie wants you to look into yourself
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
Everything I added, particularly with regards to defunct rollercoasters was quiet accurate.

Reactions: BGWnut
Login or Register to Hide This Ad