[April Fools 2019...?] Relaunch of the ParkFans Wiki

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
As many of you may know, several years ago PFN had an associated wiki. In fact if you look at the OPs in established threads like those in the Attractions sub-fora, you will find references to that failed site.

Over the last few months, the Admins have been discussing relaunching the PFN Wiki, but I in particular am concerned that it will once again die on the vine, becoming nothing more than a Forum joke.

With the introduction of BGW’s pin trading program, as well as the flood of opening weekend updates (like menus and merch), I have been grudgingly convinced to give the Wiki a second chance. I agree that we need a central location for those types of data.

We believe that we may have identified the problem we faced last time. Essentially, the site was not user friendly. Forum members had to create new accounts and be approved by an Admin. Those logistical hoops deterred many people from posting data to the Wiki.

So, this time we have found a way to remove all of those barriers. You will no longer need an account to post to the PFN Wiki. That way, everyone can easily add content at will.

We really want this site to be the community’s go-to space for all information about BGW and KD. To make that happen, we need everyone to contribute facts, pictures, menus, dates, statistics, etc. Essentially, we are looking for any information that other people might find useful.

To do that, we NEED our Forum members, who are the true enthusiasts, to help us populate what are now mostly empty pages.

So, we invite everyone to check out our new wiki and start sharing the great data you have accumulated with our users and visitors. Here is the link. http://wiki.parkfans.net

To update a post, just click “edit.” Links to blank pages will automatically give you an edit box. Feel free to post any questions in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lolers

Wavering faith will not serve you well
Sep 14, 2014
Not trying to be a downer, but couldn't open editing leave too many holes for bad facts, bad writing, and end up tarnishing the ParkFans brand as a whole?

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Minor correction on the restaurants. Some of them barely qualify under that definition.

Also I highly recommend clicking the soundtrack link for Volcano and reading the entirety of the Rebel Yell page.
We encourage you to make the necessary edits!

Gavin

Who, me?
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Wikipedia allows anyone to edit it, and it works well for them. Why wouldn't that work for us? We are using the same software as them, and I will be actively monitoring the wiki for spam and wrong information. And, like I said, there will be some more improvements really soon that will really enhance the usability and utility of the wiki.

Lolers

Sep 14, 2014
I apologize if I sound argumentative, I'm just not sure what to make of this thread. But based on the summary page, I'm not convinced anything good will come of this. The paragraph above the table of contents contents reads: "Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a 'theme' park in Williamsburg, VA. It is best known for consistently being rated as the World's Most Beautiful Theme Park. Seriously, this is the park's only claim to fame. It is especially known for having lots of bars that let you take your bottle with you!"

Lolers

Sep 14, 2014
Okay, this has to be an April Fools joke, right? "Kings Dominion is a dumpster fire in Doswell, Virginia. It is best known for being horrible and driving guests to visit Busch Gardens Williamsburg."

Reactions: horsesboy
Login or Register to Hide This Ad