Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 23, 2017
I’m at the park today, first day of the season. It’s bad, really bad. Medium crowds, but half the park is closed. So far almost all the flats are closed, and firebird, mind eraser, and raisin Cajun are closed. Restaurants missing half their food, lines moving super slow for what they have. I even past one without the menus on.

I know this park has a rep but this is rediculous

I believe, according the parks Facebook, that Firebird won't open until May. They're trying their hardest to market this as a brand new attraction instead of a comfortable conversion of a rough stand-up ride.
They’re still painting it at the moment. The whole ride has been primed in yellow and they had one or two guys with paint rollers adding the orange paint in a cherry picker.

On average 7-8 minute dispatches, classic SFA.
Honestly the team there was o e of the better dispatch teams I thought. The Dutchman is just a pain to load, they only had one train, and the sensors were giving them problems. They weren’t running or anything but at several other ride the employees seemed dead and took nonsensically long to get stuff going.

On the plus side, rajun cajun was running later in the day as was fireball. I left after three hours though cause I was mainly there to get my pass so I could use it at the other parks.

Also @ staff I gave this thread a generic name cause given the low interest in this park on this forum, I figured there was no reason to have a handful of trip report stubs over just one thread for the whole season

Also @ staff I gave this thread a generic name cause given the low interest in this park on this forum, I figured there was no reason to have a handful of trip report stubs over just one thread for the whole season

No worries. We'd rather have a bunch of lightly used threads than one big, unmanageable one is all—hence the name change.

Don't ask me why, but we went there yesterday. Low crowds until ~ 2 PM, so pretty much walk ons onto all coasters. All coasters that were working, that is. Batwing was down most of the day. Superman opened late, and then was shut for over an hour for a vomit cleanup. The mouse coaster was running for the first 15-20 minutes after park opening, but then broke down and was still closed when we left mid-afternoon. The old Apocalypse ride looked pretty much ready to run, and they actually put tasteful plantings around it. The landfill / area under the loading zone at Superman appeared to have the same trash that was down there last Fall.

The only semi-decently themed area strangely appears to now have a 50's themed restaurant as the attraction in the saloon.

They put some nuke signs on the old stunt show village facades and are now running what appears to be a post-apocalyptic stunt show. Which makes zero sense, since the Apocalypse ride is dead as a dodo. We walked by the surprisingly crowded amphitheatre, and watched about 30 seconds of the dumbest, most lazily choreographed performance I've ever seen.

Food concessions were awful, as usual. By 1:30 to 2, the mobs/lines in front of the concessions were ridiculous, and looked like about a 30 minute wait just to order. And what the heck is with that place they call a "Johnny Rockets?" Is it me, or is nothing sold there - except for maybe their onion rings - actually the same as what is sold at real Johnny Rockets restaurants? Those burgers were not the same at all, nor were the tendies.

SFA seems up to its usual standards.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad