Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 7, 2021
Maybe visibility? I’m aware they have cameras but if the cameras are not functioning, you can see the train from the current stopping position. Parking behind the maintenance bay would make that harder, no?

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Unless they've eliminated the op positions at the rear of the station, you have 2 ops that could look that direction if needed. Plus, how hard can it be to rig up any cameras needed?

Edit: just realized you were referring to the brakes right before the turn. (Where is a block diagram when you need one?) I'd guess that it shouldn't be a big issue for normal operations since they're automated and unless something's wrong there's no way for passengers to get out of their restraints.

Additionally, I'd assume that if they were to reprogram the ride to hold trains at the end right before the turn instead of dead stop as soon as it gets to the first brakes, they'd also enable stacking next to the maintenance shed plus transfer table (and maybe even multi-move? That can't be just an Intamin feature) meaning even with slow ops no train is going to sit there long enough to be a safety hazard.

Last edited:
Figured I'd bring this up. Apollo ran through Christmas Town, Winter Weekends and Mardi Gras last winter. Do we think it goes down for maintenance this year? I was wondering if they'd probably just rotating the larger coasters for the cold months.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Figured I'd bring this up. Apollo ran through Christmas Town, Winter Weekends and Mardi Gras last winter. Do we think it goes down for maintenance this year? I was wondering if they'd probably just rotating the larger coasters for the cold months.
I think the odds are extremely likely that it will be down.

AlpenChrist97

Colonial Coasters
May 8, 2012
Williamsburg,VA
My prediction for the Coaster lineup this winter is Pantheon, Verbolten, InvadR

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad