Apollo's Chariot or Gwazi?

• Apollo's Chariot

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Gwazi

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 23, 2009
I saw this poll on a forum for the Tampa park, so I thought I'd add it here. I don't think anyone in their right mind would think Williamsburg got the better end of the Drachen Fire/Kumba additions, but what do you think about the Apollo/Gwazi additions?

I rode Gwazi for the first and last time a few weeks ago. It may be the worst coaster ever put into a Busch park (yes, worse than Drachen Fire). You can probably guess which ride has my vote.

I'd rather be hit in the face by a goose on Apollo than ever go on Gwazi again.

Wow...

I won't be able to answer this until sometime next year when we go to Tampa, but I will ride Gwazi, just to see. However, it isn't really fair to compare a woodie with a steel. They are two very different coasters. I don't like many woodies (though out and backs are really cool), so I'm sure my vote will probably be for Apollo.

I have to disagree with all of you. I'm a complete fan of wooden coasters! If you want a rough wooden coaster, go to Kings Dominion and ride Grizzly, or if Kings Island re-opens Son of Beast, go ride that. Gwazi is smooth compared to them. I like Apollo's Chariot, don't get me wrong, however if I had to choose between the two: Gwazi (tiger side) all the way! I've never ridden a smooth wooden coaster. Infact, they aren't supposed to be smooth as ice.. That's part of the thrill.

My vote goes out to Gwazi (and I'll probably be the only one here :p)

I cannot vote on this one. It is comparing Apple to Oranges. Two different coaster with two very different styles. I love them both for what they are

The basis of comparison is that they were the complimentary additions to each specific park, Drachen Fire/Kumba, Montu/Alpengeist, AC/Gwazi. Yes, they're not the same type of ride, but you can still decide which one you think is better. For example, Alpengeist is better than Wild Maus was/is. Different types of coasters, one's better than the other.

No contest. You could have written "Apollo's Chariot vs. Any Other Coaster in the World" and I would have voted for Apollo.

I think I'm with Scout and kcracken on this one: You can't compare the two. Holiday World/The Voyage changed how I think of coasters completely. :-/ To me, woodies are just as different from steel coasters as flat rides are.

Swiftman said:
I think I'm with Scout and kcracken on this one: You can't compare the two. Holiday World/The Voyage changed how I think of coasters completely. :-/ To me, woodies are just as different from steel coasters as flat rides are.

Which do you like better, apples or oranges?

They are both good for particular things. :angel:

Apples are good when made into juice and drank on a brisk Autumn evening while oranges are good on warm spring mornings.

In my book, they are too different to compare.

Swiftman said:
They are both good for particular things. :angel:

Apples are good when made into juice and drank on a brisk Autumn evening while oranges are good on warm spring mornings.

In my book, they are too different to compare.

If you could only pick one, which would it be? I think everyone knows where I'm going. It's like picking a favorite movie, do you refuse to combine different genres into one list of favorites?

Both attractions are roller coasters, just different genres.

I don't these are even compare-able. They are two totally different coasters. Gwazi is wooden, while Apollo is not. Nothing is similar to Apollo in BGT.

Wings said:
I don't these are even compare-able. They are two totally different coasters. Gwazi is wooden, while Apollo is not. Nothing is similar to Apollo in BGT.

I believe this is called deja-vu.

Check a few posts back.

They're similar in that they're roller coasters. Have a favorite movie?

In the same way that I prefer The Voyage over Taxi Jam, I prefer Apollo's Chariot to Gwazi.

I also prefer pizza more than radishes and rollerskating more than dental checkups.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad