Apollo's Chariot 20th Anniversary

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Southern Va
The music is definately still there. I went several times last year where this 1 operator would always have the lift music on. It's unfortunate that so few operators know how to cut it on. It really is a great score!

Apollo repaint? I think not!

Unlike Nessie, I don't see any on ride enhancements taking play. Perhaps a new photo op, a new on-ride photo border, souvenir cup, etc. Nothing too crazy.

Reactions: jornor and Joe

mwe bgw

Apollo’s an elite hyper
Jul 22, 2018
well they could paint at least the visible parts...?

Zimmy

Nessie thinks it is not polite to ask her age!
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
maybe they should wait till a number that is more associated with important anniversaries, like 25.

Mar 16, 2016
My “wish list” for Apollo for his (yes only coaster I give a “him” designation) birthdays:
- New Paint. I think we all want this.
- A new backstory/themed queue. I know this doesn’t come up often. But I want a new story, and the queue themed to match. I think a theme of Apollo rescuing mortals from the realm of Hades would be great. As you go up the lift hill it’s Apollo struggling to rip you from the grasp of Hades, until his power finally snaps as you cross the River Stix, and Apollo takes you on a journey across Rome before returning you to the land of the living. A queue themed to be dark and creepy, exit looking like a Roman temple.
- louder lift hill speakers.

Aug 16, 2012
wecravegamestoo.com
Yes the Big Purple Rollercoaster needs a paint job.

Everything else is fine, you'll still enjoy your voyage to the sun on the wings of the Big Bad Wolf.

Required old age statement...
It's been 20 years already? Damn I'm getting old. Most enjoyable job ever!

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I'm fairly certain that the 40th aniversary is an event created by a marketing person at some theme park (Disney?), who was looking for something to build a campaign around.

It really is a fairly arbitrary number, in my opinion.

Reactions: LudwigII and Zimmy

lce

Brought to you by Coca-Cola
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Frederick, MD
I attribute it to the average college kid's natural desire to be lured toward the number "40"

Reactions: N2588

mwe bgw

Apollo’s an elite hyper
Jul 22, 2018
the park needs to update apollos trains. they still have the old logo

Login or Register to Hide This Ad