Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
Anybody tacking the 100+ temps and heading to the park today or tomorrow? I was thinking about going tonight, but really starting to have second thoughts. Especially since the hourly forecast is calling for peak temps closer to 5pm. Yuck.

Ugh. I had really wanted to go yesterday but chickened out because of the heat and today's only going to be worse. With the heat index, it was 100 last night at 9:30 PM.

The Weather Channel says the "feels like" temperature at 5:00 today at Busch Gardens is going to be 110. So, uh, no. Maybe next weekend, if it simmers down a little.

Yesterday was miserable. I spent most of the day watching shows, riding the train, and chugging water.

Sorry but i even if the tempeture was colder i wouldn't be able to come. My uncle died so i wont be able to be at the park for the rest of the month. :(

I'm planning on going sometime this week.. even though the heat index is still supposed to be about 105 all week. I'm hoping that maybe it won't be as miserable considering in Ohio, we've been dealing with this heat wave for what seems like an eternity (and it was such nice weather back during the first week of July), yesterday I believe it got up to feeling about 108 and today it's 109 with the heat index.

Something I noticed yesterday that I never really have in the past: the Italy/Festa Italia area is by far the hottest part of the park. I was there in the morning and was dealing OK with the temps until I got to that part of the park. I'm immediately started sweating and laboring to breath. As soon as I go out of there and past Pompeii, I immediately cooled down.

Then again last night, my wife and I were there for the concert we dealt with the heat fine for the most part. We decided to head over to Italy around 9 to see the fireworks in Festa Italia. We didn't even make it. We got right past the bridge into Festa and my wife had to sit down. It felt like the temp went up 20 degrees instantly. We just left after she felt well enough to stand back up and get moving.

That area has very little in the way of trees, or shade, or air conditioned gift shops to help cool you down. It must just suck in the heat and hold it there. Miserable.

Anyway, a word to the wise: on really hot days, if you get there early do Italy first, if you get there later do Italy last.

On hot days, I don't even venture into Italy or Festa- it's not worth the almost instant sunburn. There aren't even many places to grab a cup of water if you go that route.

Swiftman said:
On hot days, I don't even venture into Italy or Festa- it's not worth the almost instant sunburn. There aren't even many places to grab a cup of water if you go that route.

Water Country in the evening during summer > attempting Busch.

I doubt the temperature would bother me. I was wearing long sleeves all day friday... Needless to say the guys at work thought I was insane. But im used to the temperatures getting that high. Just stay hydrated. Gonna visit the park this week.

Youhow2 said:
I doubt the temperature would bother me. I was wearing long sleeves all day friday... Needless to say the guys at work thought I was insane. But im used to the temperatures getting that high. Just stay hydrated. Gonna visit the park this week.

don't gotta worry about getting your arms/shoulders sunburned.

Whelp, I'm chickening out again. Yesterday's forecast said this evening would have a heat index of 105 and I thought maybe I could bear it. But now they've upped it to 110.

I'll keep my eye on tomorrow, though I don't know about BGW on a Saturday evening. I haven't tried that in a long time. It may be that I'll have to wait another week for Illuminights cake. :-/

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad