Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 7, 2012
I usually go to Busch Gardens once a year. I'm in eastern NC. It's a 4 hour drive for me to the park. However, I'm considering getting a annual pass this year and make about 3-4 trips. Has anybody heard of any upcoming annual pass deals?

^ This. You hardly ever see discounts on passes from BGW. Additionally, last one I remember was only for pass renewals, not for new purchases.

Last annual pass deal I heard was when they eliminated 2-year passes last year and they offered the buy a 1-year pass get an extra X number of months free, for a total of 18 months. But that deal ended on New Years.

Does anyone actually renew their passes?

Here's why I ask. In 2008 I bought four 2-Year, 2-Park passes with EZ Pay. In 2010, I added another 2-Year, 2-Park pass for my son who had just turned 3. I have yet to get a renewal notice, cancellation notice, post it note in the mail...nothing. The passes just keep going. My monthly auto pay charge of $45 has never changed either.

Say something or just keep my mouth shut?

-Jessica

pandorazboxx said:
Same deal for me. EZPay to the grave.

Same here. Especially since I've had my Platinum Pass since 2002.

It's pretty funny when I call SeaWorld Parks customer service in Orlando to give them an updated credit card number for EZ Pay. They pull up my info and see the price I'm paying and they freak out a little when they see how much my monthly charge is.

Reactions: Party Rocker
I convinced my family EZPay is the way to go if you are into saving money. Life long passes for a small monthly fee.

Reactions: Unagi
RocketChk said:
Does anyone actually renew their passes?

Here's why I ask. In 2008 I bought four 2-Year, 2-Park passes with EZ Pay. In 2010, I added another 2-Year, 2-Park pass for my son who had just turned 3. I have yet to get a renewal notice, cancellation notice, post it note in the mail...nothing. The passes just keep going. My monthly auto pay charge of $45 has never changed either.

Say something or just keep my mouth shut?

-Jessica
I haven't had to renew, but I understand it continues on after the two year period unless I cancel it.
Also, just curious, why not get the Forest of Fun Preschool Pass for your three-year-old? It's free until age 6 and you get both BGW & Water Country.
And if I understand you correctly about not saying anything, I would just log into your online account and see what is going on. I am willing to bet they realized your latest pass was for a three-year-old and didn't charge you (but it will still show up somewhere). Hence, free Forest of Fun Preschool Pass. At least that's my guess. ;)

EDIT:
Just realized that your three-year-old is probably six now or almost, being that you got a pass for him in 2010. Is that correct?

We've had our platinum passes for 6 years now and only pay $8:50 a month for each! Btw if for some reason your pass cancels and you rebuy them, call customer service and you should be able to get them for your old price. Happen to us and they re enstated the old ones if we just paid one month of the new prices.

Reactions: Party Rocker
Chicken, the preschool pass is only good for a period of time during the season. I believe it was available that year, but I got caught at the gate in September. I'm one of THOSE people that rocks the double stroller at HoS. I need the passes for the kids to be able to get in the park in September and October.

Gotcha. Yeah, the preschool pass seems to be inconsistent from year to year. I first got it for the 2012 season and it was good through Howl-O-Scream w/ Water Country (starting in mid-summer). This year, it includes Water Country all season but ends on September 2nd. Weird.

Actually, when the Preschool Pass was first offered it was only good until Labor Day then the second year they extended it to include Fall, but they shortened ti this year, probably in reference to the fact that Howl-o-Scream is not intended for kids and if the pass is valid for that time parent might think that the park is KIDsiderate during that event. And to offset the shortened time span they offered WCUSA. I would like to think this is how they do it but I'm not sure. It definitely makes sense though :p

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad