Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2010
I know there was mention of some new pictures released from BGW earlier. But here's some news I found today VIA Screamscape

Busch Gardens will announce on Sept. 18th their big plans for the next two years at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA.
:D

Two year plan eh?

September 18th Announcement

The news has just been confirmed on Screamscape that the announcement regarding Busch Gardens' big plans will come on September 18th. We should finally find out all the details about this tower ride. But here's the kicker: the announcement is supposedly covering their plans for the next TWO years! Hopefully on the 18th, we will find out what the next coaster in the park will be, assuming it is coming. :)

Here's the link:

http://screamscape.com/html/busch_gardens_williamsburg.htm

RE: September 18th Announcement

Confirmed: http://buschgardensva.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/your-williamsburg-parks-undergo-big-changes/

They put up a youtube video:

Edit: sorry I had the link jacked up. Hard to do this from your phone

LoveDoc143 said:
I wonder who's going to be the first to put all the pieces scattered across the forum together. ;)

I think swift put it all together

Looks like there is a way to hear the announcement early. Check out their Facebook event page. The first 1500 pass members who get to the festhaus by 1030 am get to hear the announcement first.

I probably wont make it. That's the same day as the odu/william and mary game. :-/

I might be late to the party here, but it seems that the announcement will be done live in Das Festhaus at 10:30 AM on the morning of Saturday the 18th. I know I'll be there.

Source: http://www.buschgardens.com/bgw/CP/?page=WelcomePassMembers

pandorazboxx said:
I think swift put it all together

It's been over a month, nobody's put anything together yet (or at least I don't know about it if they have). Mainly because there hasn't been a reason for anybody to look too deeply in to what was being said. There's always a method to my madness. :p

Have no fear, though - these silly "games" and "annoyances" will be over very soon. ;) Might as well have fun playing detective, though. :D

they were looking up in wcusa. Vert slide anyone? PPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
(sorry for the out of character post. This is the most excited ive been since the griffon news.)

Gotta say, that was some pretty darn terrible acting, but I am stoked that the news is coming and that there's a video! Can't wait for the 18th!

OK I am confused with this video. In one spot they look like they are standing in the middle of Oktoberfest looking up where "rumored tower was to be." Then there are people looking up towards the direction of the Festhaus right by the radio station... and another pair of ladies by Dark Kastle almost looking strait up.

What the hey. Either BGW plans on running a ride all over Oktoberfest or the camera man just picked random places and said at various locations in Germany; just stand there and look up.

I noticed some markers over at Festhaus Park, but I doubt a coaster would be that high standing near the Festhaus according to the angle people were looking up.

I think the camera man just told people to look toward the sky wherever the lighting was good. I wouldn't read anything into where they are (other than the country that is).

I'm glad I don't have to worry about being in that first 1,500 people. I'd imagine that there will be a lot of people there pretty early on the 18th to get the info first. I'll be live tweeting from the announcement and I'll make sure there are plenty of pictures as well.

OK my best guess.. and folks, all I say under this sentence is just plain ol speculation... no facts here Ok?

If the video is accurate to locations, the drop tower ride may be a bit more than just a tower and perhaps swings back and forth - something that encompasses a larger area than just up and down (the base still be relatively small in land mass).

The coaster could be a sister to the Cheetah speed-blast ride as BG loves to build in pairs. The coaster will probably be terrain based (it would be plain idiotic to be otherwise in that beautiful landscape)- fast; and more of a thrill- chase; swoop, and dive ride.. somewhat reminiscent to the Wolf. I also think that drop over the Rhine will still be used.. just praying for some sort of Wolf theme once more. Although it may be some sort of supernatural thing like a Vampire or something.

I may wrong wrong wrong; but it is my best guess. :-/

Nora said:
The coaster could be a sister to the Cheetah speed-blast ride as BG loves to build in pairs. The coaster will probably be terrain based (it would be plain idiotic to be otherwise in that beautiful landscape)- fast; and more of a thrill- chase; swoop, and dive ride.. somewhat reminiscent to the Wolf. I also think that drop over the Rhine will still be used.. just praying for some sort of Wolf theme once more. Although it may be some sort of supernatural thing like a Vampire or something.

I may wrong wrong wrong; but it is my best guess. :-/

I would hope that Busch does not jump on the "vampire wagon," as it is getting very old for certain people. What cheetah speed-blast is in reference? Am I that far out to where I am clueless?

Scout,

Link here for a previous line of conversation on Project Cheetaka in Tampa.: http://bgwfans.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=403&pid=6751#pid6751

I am with you on the whole overdose of Vampires as of late. Ha! Maybe the coaster will sparkle in the sunlight like Edward... ::squeal:: And then I appropriately snort and roll my eyes in a VERY sarcastic manner.

I just now got the email from BGW about the Member Preview! NOOOOOooOOOOO! ::shaking fists in the air, looking up to the sky while rain pelts me on the face that hides my tears::: Curse you Busch Gardens for planning it on THIS day of all days! The one weekend I have to fly out to Detroit! Now, already miserable because I have to trek through an airport, cram in a stupid plane, fly to a city that no one seems to like, and to add insult to injury; I get to know that 1,5000 people are waiting at the doors of the Festhaus for them to open and skip inside to hear the news I have long been waiting for. Why don't they just give me a nice paper-cut and pour lemon juice all over it. Booo September 18th.. Boo!

:(

No festivities, no first to know thrill, no freebies, no nothing. Oh yeah, I forgot... I get to go to Detroit. Yay, I'm in Detroit. :dodgy:

I'll get over it. Maybe. Detroit better be good.

If the video is accurate to locations, the drop tower ride may be a bit more than just a tower and perhaps swings back and forth - something that encompasses a larger area than just up and down (the base still be relatively small in land mass).

Do you mean like the WindSeekers coming to those four Cedar Fair parks this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad