Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Rumor mill states that Anaconda (along with most of CF's other Arrow loopers/corkscrew coasters) are on the chopping block right now. For now the only one that's safe is Dragon Fyre (Canada's Wonderland), but all that could change.

I'm kinda hoping some of these Arrow loopers stay or are at least moved to other parks. I'm not a big fan of parks removing classic rides (and there have been a LOT of classic ride removals lately).

I'm pretty surprised that CP's Corkscrew is on that list too as it's a pretty iconic ride for the park.

Reactions: Coasterguy154
Ben said:
Potential?, It HAD so much potential, now it's just an eyesore on it's way out.

My feeling is that it wouldn't be such an eyesore if it were repainted ( although it may have been since I was last there in 2011).

Nope it hasn't had a full repaint in years. I can't think of the last time it got repainted since they changed it from black and purple to red, yellow, and green.

The last time it was painted was when the final brake run up until the station was painted in 2010 to make the I305 area look better.

Evan said:
Nope it hasn't had a full repaint in years. I can't think of the last time it got repainted since they changed it from black and purple to red, yellow, and green.

The last time it was painted was for the 2001 season. So it's pushing a dozen years since that color scheme change!

The last time I rode it was in 1999 when it tried to decapitate me and realign my spine so I'd love to see the ride leave the park for good! It's a piece of crap with almost zero ridership. It's practically a lake ornament in KD.

This is one of my favorite roller coasters at KD. I don't know why though. I just like it. However, I have stopped riding it because, well, I just don't trust it anymore. It thrashes you around and it's killer to the neck area. Plus, one time I was waiting in line, we were next for the first car, and the ride broke. They fixed it and then we got on. Scariest ride of my life!

Unagi said:
Evan said:

The last time it was painted was for the 2001 season. So it's pushing a dozen years since that color scheme change!

The last time I rode it was in 1999 when it tried to decapitate me and realign my spine so I'd love to see the ride leave the park for good! It's a piece of crap with almost zero ridership. It's practically a lake ornament in KD.

This is why I say Red and Yellow don't age well on a coaster.

Unagi, other than the figure eight section, which is complete and total garbage no matter where you sit, Anaconda is pretty comparable to other Arrow Loopers of its time frame. Arrow wasn't exactly the best when it came to the transitions between elements. I mean I'm still dumbfounded as to why the turnaround is banked so much going into the double cork, it's so awkward...

B.Mac said:
This is why I say Red and Yellow don't age well on a coaster.

Unagi, other than the figure eight section, which is complete and total garbage no matter where you sit, Anaconda is pretty comparable to other Arrow Loopers of its time frame. Arrow wasn't exactly the best when it came to the transitions between elements. I mean I'm still dumbfounded as to why the turnaround is banked so much going into the double cork, it's so awkward...

Not sure what Arrow was thinking when they designed the ride but it was actually really good the first few years it was open. Opening year I was able to marathon it a few times on a slow day as the ride had no jolts or jerks to throw you around. In 1996 I noticed it started to deteriorate but it was still rideable. After that it got progressively worse and in fall of 1999 I took my final ride.

I rode it my first time at KD, and I haven't since, it's not worth the time(However that's probably not much) and the pain, I'll go ride Backlot or another ride on FOF instead.

I have a feeling it has something to do with it having only one support columns with no lateral bracing. They can bend out of shape easier with the amount of lateral forces changing the shape of the track faster

I have never been to Kings Dominion, but I'm going this summer, and I have 2 questions about it. First, Does Anaconda have seatbelts? I have seen a couple pictures, and I've noticed that it looks like an orange thing hang off the harness. This seems unnecessary, and probably makes the loading process a whole lot longer because the ride ops probably have to bend all the way down to check it. Also, I go on LNM all the time, and I think it is a very smooth ride except for the jolt when you start the turn after the first drop, and the part after the first loop. So the question is, is it as bad as you guys say?

[/i]
JuniorBGWfan28 said:
I have never been to Kings Dominion, but I'm going this summer, and I have 2 questions about it. First, Does Anaconda have seatbelts? I have seen a couple pictures, and I've noticed that it looks like an orange thing hang off the harness. This seems unnecessary, and probably makes the loading process a whole lot longer because the ride ops probably have to bend all the way down to check it. Also, I go on LNM all the time, and I think it is a very smooth ride except for the jolt when you start the turn after the first drop, and the part after the first loop. So the question is, is it as bad as you guys say?

Yes, there are seatbelt that extend from the shoulder harness to lock into the main seat console between your legs. The seatbelts come out of a little roll in the harness and go into a buckle in the train. This is unlike more modern seatbelts like those on B&M's, where the little metal part/belt dangles from the car and your buckle into the little clip on the harness (it's the exact opposite, like Mach Tower).

The seatbelts are fairly annoying and are often jammed up, and the operators barely even acknowledge their status among riders (as you said, they would have to bend down completely.) Still, it's a seat belt..it's not the worst thing in the world...

Personally, I don't hate Anaconda, but it is VERY rough, in the way of banging you head, neck, and back around against the harness and seats. The ride itself is enjoyable (at least in my opinion), but about 90% of the ride is greater than or equal to the roughest parts of LNM...it really sloshes you around on the loops, turns, etc. I always have to brace my neck to one side of the restrain to keep my head from banging...it's pretty uncomfortable...

BUT...that's all part of the fun ;)

For me the ride experience is great up until the MCBR. After the MCBR it is nearly pure hell up until the middle of the first corkscrew. It's only the little buttery fly section that is the roughest where you're banging your head. There is a reason the train comes to an almost complete stop on the MCBR.

You really have no need to worry about how long it will take because every time I have ridden it, there has been no line, with two trains running, and I was able to sit in the front with no wait. The longest part is walking from the entrance to the station.
It is VERY rough. Don't even expect it to be as smooth as LNM. Multiply the roughness on LNM by ten bajillion and that is how rough Anaconda is. Other than that, it is a fun ride.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad