Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
I'm not sure how they determine those numbers, wonderfully turnstile-free as they are. But 2021 definitely felt crowded. Also ops on Dominator seemed horrible but a lot of it appeared to be newb factor. It was always something, people finding out they're too big now, chickening out, trying to wear hats, you name it.

All of the major rides have a button on the op panel that counts open seats per dispatch so it's pushed for every open seat on each train sent out. Then at the end of the hour the ride spits out the total ridership for each hour along with the number of dispatches.

Don't think of it as something super fancy because it's only as accurate as the ride's programmed clock time is.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
All of the major rides have a button on the op panel that counts open seats per dispatch so it's pushed for every open seat on each train sent out. Then at the end of the hour the ride spits out the total ridership for each hour along with the number of dispatches.

Don't think of it as something super fancy because it's only as accurate as the ride's programmed clock time is.

Same idea as the smaller rides having a hand-counting clicker and a clipboard?

Reactions: Mwe BGW

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Yes, some of the newer ride computers (except I305) will keep running totals throughout the day. All rides record capacity and downtime on a sheet and turn it in at the end of the night.

I’ve seen associates in the ride booths handing off an iPad during shift changes this year. I wonder if they’ve finally switched to keeping track of capacity (as well as other operational procedures) digitally now?

May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
I’ve seen associates in the ride booths handing off an iPad during shift changes this year. I wonder if they’ve finally switched to keeping track of capacity (as well as other operational procedures) digitally now?
Yup, I believe everything is electronic now. Checklists, capacity sheets, and rotation sheets are all electronic now. The entire park also has a new time and attendance system where team members can clock in with their cell phone now once they're in the park.
Edit: To add, I believe team members will still need to use their system for counting riders and cycles whether that is by the built in capacity counter within the PLC system. Or with manual clickers. The tablets are just a means for data entry.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad