Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jan 28, 2010
To be fair, it does get painted more often than Apollo.

Yes! This bugs me to no end, and seems like an easy fix. Nothing screams "our maintenance is poor and we don't care" more than a large ride with lights that very obviously are not working.

Reactions: Luke

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Americana's new paint job does look great though. They also added shiny new retro Americana logos to each car towards the end of August. I think Americana gets an unfair rap; it's a relaxing, scenic ride, and it anchors Candy Apple Grove with some much-needed classic midway charm.

Thomas

Never Sane to Begin With
Advisory Panel
Oct 24, 2009
New Orleans, LA
You're a stupid loading process.

tenor.gif

Apr 4, 2017
The way Cedar Fair operates these Ferris Wheels makes them worthless. They only load maybe 1/4 of the capacity at best. The rides are short, and the wait is much longer than necessary. If the rides have to be balanced out, that means they are really crap-ily designed.

The Intamin Star wheels did not have this problem, they were quick loading, long rides and anyone could sit anywhere. It's a shame those ferris wheels became extinct and these poorly designed, slow loading, stop and go ferris wheels are what is left.

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
I rode this one back in 2014 when Candy Apple Grove just came back, and it was nice looking at the surrounding area and seeing ShockWave and Racer 75 go by.

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
The rides are short, and the wait is much longer than necessary.

I dunno what wheel you're riding but the one I rode easily has the longest cycle in the park unless they shortened it in the past couple years. Definitely a longer cycle than Delirium and Windseeker, which I saw cycle 2-3 times when I rode.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad