Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
[wiki]index.php?title=All_Wheel_Sports[/wiki]

Opening Day: June 22, 2013

Cast:
  • 7149_10151545232395000_266318693_n.jpg
    Fallon Heffernan said:
    My name is Fallon Heffernan and I'm an extreme blader from Jacksonville, Florida. I have medaled in the X-Games twice, placed top 10 with the men at the ESPN Asian X-Games, have been the female street blading World Champion, and am currently the top ranked park blading lady. When I'm not skating, I enjoy going to the beach, running, going to indie rock concerts, and being a political activist.

Facebook Link
  • 993588_10151546957365000_996025459_n.jpg
    Devon Holt said:
    I've been a gymnast for 25 years, been performing for 7 years. I performed for Cirque Du Soleil Mystere in Las Vegas, Singapore Voyage de LA Ve, Cirque de la Mer in San Diego. I do power track, tramp wall, power skips, aggressive inline, straps, Bboy, hip hop, trapeze, cyr wheel, tricking, and sleeping.......

Facebook Link
  • 9371_10151555603570000_322004956_n.jpg
    Sam Haber said:
    A Street Unicyclist? Driven by creativity and new challenges, Sam Haber was never one to take the easy path. So, it made sense to learn this seemingly impossible “toy”. Little did he know how much a unicycle would change his life.
    Sam lives in Boston, MA, where he spends his time balancing his passions as an artist, and a unicyclist. Through videos, blogging, and DVD parts, Sam has made an international name for himself in the growing community of “extreme Unicycling”. Specializing in Street and Flatland, and with over a decade of riding to back it up, Sam is sure to bring along some impressive tricks and style.
    Big ups to UDC(unicycle.com), Uneed Films, and the UnicycleLab.

Facebook Link
  • 1010944_10151558512920000_993679249_n.jpg
    Kenny Short said:
    Originally from Blaine Minnesota, been riding BMX for about 14 years. Founding member of The Factory riding facility in Minneapolis MN. Enjoy playing hockey, listening to music, and pushing the limits. I have a four year degree in Recreation and Sport Management. Favorite trick is the 360 and any variation of it. My sponsors are To Die For Clothing and TCFF The Factory.

Facebook Link
  • 1017091_10151560190695000_224829013_n.jpg
    Alexis Gilbert said:
    Hi my name is Alexis Gilbert and I am 19 years old from Southern California. I started dancing at the age of 3, trained with the best in the industry, and have won many awards and titles at numerous competitions. As an acro dancer, I have worked professionally in several music videos, shows, and commercials. Most recently danced on an Industrial tour for MAC Cosmetics, performed at LA Fashion Week, and worked on a project with Daft Punk and Pharrell Williams. I look forward to spending my summer with the All Wheels Sports Crew! Keep your eye out for the dancing contortionist.

Facebook Link

RE: All Wheel Sports (2013-Current)

969441_10151546814750000_1566939121_n.jpg

If i'm not mistaken, this is the Kings Dominion set. They didn't specify where the rehearsals were located at, but judging by the white tile on the back wall then it is in fact the PEANUTS Showplace!

Facebook Link

RE: All Wheel Sports (2013-Current)

Evan said:
969441_10151546814750000_1566939121_n.jpg

If i'm not mistaken, this is the Kings Dominion set. They didn't specify where the rehearsals were located at, but judging by the white tile on the back wall then it is in fact the PEANUTS Showplace!

Facebook Link

Yep, that is the Peanuts ShowPlace Amphitheater at KD. Wow! that is the first time I have seen a set for a show, being installed, that is bigger than the stage itself!

Its interesting that they have covered over part of the front stage stairwells; but, left it open at the very bottom of the stairs. Looks like the set is still under construction with the center ramp being worked on as well as the back wall (back drop). Plus, a good bit of finishing work still needs to be done. Course, the show does not open until next Saturday (6/22), so they have plenty of time to finish the show set.

Does it look like the stunt ramps, on the far ends, extend past the stage itself? Also, interesting to see the guy on the spring stilts. I have seen short YouTube videos of a couple All Wheel Sports shows at Cedar Point and Knotts; and I don't remember seeing anyone performing on stilts in those shows. This is getting my interest up and I can't wait to see the show!

P.S. The show "On Broadway" premiers at KD tomorrow! I heard rumors the show was going to be performed for the 1st time this evening as a "Family and Friends" event (Sometime after the park closes to the GP at 8:00 PM)

Kings Dominion posted via their Facebook Page a few photos of the ongoing show rehearsals going on at the park.

I will link some of them, but not all of them. If you wish to see the entire album follow this link.

970492_10151436612981875_694707670_n.jpg

5821_10151436613331875_2137349645_n.jpg

7290_10151436613616875_856980157_n.jpg

954877_10151436613846875_611779762_n.jpg

995825_10151436613976875_45785863_n.jpg

Big props to these guys for their work and being able to cope with a smaller stage set up and certainly the ceiling height!

Not gonna lie, that's the worst set ever. Even if they just bought in some kids from the local high school to paint it up with graffiti it would look better...

To be fair, that video was shot a couple days ago according to a picture on their Facebook page. And it looks like they have more scaffolding to install more walls. Who paints a wall when it's not done?

Also it says in the description that set construction is going on up until today.

KD posted a short video, (Park's Facebook site), of the first preview show that was performed this afternoon (3pm?) at the park. it was just for season pass holders only.

From what little is shown in the video, they have some pretty good talent. I think there are 10 performers in this show. All of the video was a set of the 3 BMX Bikers, 1 inline skater, 1 stunt scooter person performing on the ramps. The rest of the cast was in front of and in back of the ramps.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151440514926875&set=vb.32237381874&type=2&theater

It's still has a bad background. It's just plastic with road signs on it. They could have at least painted it. :p

Hoopla said:
It's still has a bad background. It's just plastic with road signs on it. They could have at least painted it. :p

Meh, I don't think it's that bad. A banner is movable and reusable and since KD contracts this stuff out, that's probably a good thing for the people who are doing the show for them.

Overall, I think the set looks fairly good. Could it be better? Sure, but it looks presentable enough all things considered. Better than Got Country's, that's for sure.

Hoopla said:

They did paint it ..... on the plastic! :D

The version of the show at Cedar Point does not have any background except scaffolding. I assume the background of the impulse coaster and maybe a view of the lake is enough for them. I do recall Knott's previous version of All Wheel Sports having a graffiti style background on their midway stage. I will say the indoor version of the show at Dorney Park this year has a beautiful set of brushed metal pieces across the front of the stage and around the Proscenium arch at the opening of the stage. Course, I believe they are the only Cedar Fair park to ever have this show performed completely indoors. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151558282985000&set=a.492600929999.278118.73082904999&type=1&theater.

Keep in mind that the show is more about showing off the athletic skills and prowess of the athletes in what is considered an urban sport founded on the streets across America. I was not expecting fancy sets or costumes for this production. Its not a Broadway style show or a cirque style show. You guys have been spoiled rotten by the amount of moola the Busch/SeaWorld parks throws at their entertainment division each year! :cool:

I saw this for the first time today and I was quite impressed with the show. The performers were excellent and energetic and put on a great show. The audience, even though it was small, was into the show and participated and cheered on.

As this is the first time i've filmed a show, I will not post it as it is a bit shaky in a lot of areas. Let alone, the video is broken up a bit and I missed some pieces. But this is still all a learning experience for me.

But like I said, I really enjoyed this show and I believe it is a great addition to the parks show line up.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad