Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Be aware that it is only available in certain restaurants in the park. But yeah, considering an all day soda bottle costs the same price(although you dont have to get ADD) it seems to be pretty popular.

Reactions: Zachary
Be aware that it is only available in certain restaurants in the park. But yeah, considering an all day soda bottle costs the same price(although you dont have to get ADD) it seems to be pretty popular.
You can get all day soda refills added to any existing cup for like 6 bucks by the way.

Reactions: Eric
Personally I am going to say for the record that I feel this is a bad idea and will have a negative impact on the park. I really don't like the idea of incurring drunkenness.

My initial thought was about the liability, because people have to drive home. But then I remembered that until recently, Discovery Cove was all you can drink. So, I guess SEAS has that problem figured out somehow.

My initial thought was about the liability, because people have to drive home. But then I remembered that until recently, Discovery Cove was all you can drink. So, I guess SEAS has that problem figured out somehow.
Not sure what the DWI liability is in Florida but in VA it's one party responsible ir at least was a handful of years go when I was ABC licensed. Basically as long as you are of legal age it's YOUR responsibility not to drink and drive and it nearly impossible to sue for it if someone you served drives and wrecks. Which is not to say there are not rules about limiting drinks and over serving but that gets into more complex areas. Honestly I be less apposed to the idea if the price tag was a little steeper to make it less inviting to young people but I can very easily see where this might make Sea World the go to park for young college aged kids for all the wrong reasons and hurt the parks family friendly reputation.

I can see it going both ways - the overall cost of the park pass, dining pass, and drinks pass add-on (assuming drinks require a dining pass?) might be too high for your average college student - not saying some won't get it for those reasons though.

However, if you're a parent of a family that goes often enough for the dining pass to be worth it, why not add a drinks pass and not worry about those either?

The pass is quite expensive for one day only, which would encourage maximum use. I see it says no sharing or take out ... It's nice to be able to eat at a park, but not the main thing I'm there for. You might have trouble walking out because of more than the alcohol stuffing out like that.

Full disclaimer: I'm not old enough to drink, so none of this comes from experience

I really dont think you could get that drunk from this program for a couple reasons.
-Since it's only 1 an hour, your body has time to process in between each one.
-Most of the year the park is only open for a shorter amount of time, 9-7ish on weekends, 10-6ish on weekdays.
-From what I understand, you can only get the beers/wines at restaurants. Meaning that even if it was a day with more crowds/longer hours, the line to get the beer will be long.
-Alcohol sales stop 15 minutes before park close(and I'm assuming you cant take them out of the park)

Ok so let's say money isn't a big issue here - could you take advantage of this program and also buy another beverage or two somewhere through the hour at a different location without a pass discount (nothing tracking your extra purchases)?

Obviously there's still a limit there - if you're too drunk to be served you'll still be denied service.

Reactions: BGWnut
This isn't super new. My wife and I did it two days during our visit in September. Despite it being every hour it is impossible to achieve that unless that's all you do, which would be an expensive and slow way to try to get drunk. Also the lines always took a long time. We frequently had to wait around 15 minutes. Still a great value, but it's not like it's truly unrestricted.

Does anyone know if this is still offered at the park? Website just shows the standard all day dining.

Does anyone know if this is still offered at the park? Website just shows the standard all day dining.
Whaaaaaaa????? How have I never known about this? Is there a limit because I can pound beers all day and get my money worth and then some!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad