Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 29, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA
Today ocean breeze announced the attraction for next season. Seems the park has listened to what it's fans want. It seems as of this will go to the left of the wave pool. I'll post the link later.

This looks really good. I'm hoping the progress keeps up over there at Ocean Breeze so that WACUSA will finally have some competition.

I wonder if anyone at WCUSA actually sees Ocean Breeze as a legitimate competitor yet. Honestly, I do. They have a better local market, thier prices are cheaper, they've had 3 major additions over the last 2 years, they have the large Virginia Beach tourist market to tap into (something I don't think WCUSA has been able to do yet), and they're under new, experienced, ownership that really sees some potential for the area.

You know what would be cool? If we could get someone from Ocean Breeze on the elusive BGWFans Podcast...

I never will go to Ocean Breeze because during peak season in the summer, guests use Aquarium parking and it was super annoying when I volunteered there.

Swiftman said:
I wonder if anyone at WCUSA actually sees Ocean Breeze as a legitimate competitor yet. Honestly, I do. They have a better local market, thier prices are cheaper, they've had 3 major additions over the last 2 years, they have the large Virginia Beach tourist market to tap into (something I don't think WCUSA has been able to do yet), and they're under new, experienced, ownership that really sees some potential for the area.

You know what would be cool? If we could get someone from Ocean Breeze on the elusive BGWFans Podcast...

In order for Ocean Breeze to be a legit competitor, they have to get a real, paved parking lot, because the gravel one they have completely destroyed my tires the last time I went there. Also, they have to have better cleaning standards for the pools. Last time I was there, I found a floating mass of hair, band aids, and what appeared to be a shoe insert floating in the wave pool.

Today I decided to stop in and see if anything had been done yet. So far the bridge over the creek is constructed and the lightpoles from the old batting cage have been removed. The first pic is the bridge and the second is the location of the river. At the back of the piece of land you can see the end of the bridge. I plan on doing a bi-weekly update of the project for anyone that cares.

Attachments

• iphone 1 041.JPG
    iphone 1 041.JPG
    878.6 KB · Views: 35
  • iphone 1 042.JPG
    iphone 1 042.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
Today I went to the park. I expected to see a decent amount of digging and shaping. Suprisingly, nothing but major grading has occured. There are a few large piles of dirt but no visible holes. They haven't even started tearing out the concrete where the batting cages were. There was some metal and supports being delivered so I expect things to pick up pretty fast. I got a few pics. PS: sorry there so big. Idk why its doing that.

Attachments

• updtae 3 029.JPG
    updtae 3 029.JPG
    946.4 KB · Views: 21
  • updtae 3 030.JPG
    updtae 3 030.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • updtae 3 031.JPG
    updtae 3 031.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • updtae 3 032.JPG
    updtae 3 032.JPG