Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
Kentucky Kingdom has announced that they will be closing their HUSS Enterprise and replacing it with what appears to be a "new version" of the Enterprise. Surprisingly though, they are not installing the 2G model HUSS showed off several years ago. Instead, the park will be installing a Zamperla Endeavour which is very similar to the HUSS Enterprise 2G.

For the smaller guests the park is installing what appears to be either a Junior Himalaya or Junior Music Express that looks to be very similar to the children's attraction "Elephant Run" at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. The park will also be adding two new films to their "5D" theater.

Lastly the park announced that they will undertake a retracking of Thunder Run, the DINN built wooden coaster that International Coasters cloned in order to create the twin Hurlers at Kings Dominion and Carowinds. Announcement says that the new track work will create a smoother faster ride. On a side note, the park hired RMC to complete retrack of the attraction for the parks Grand Re-opening in 2013. It is fantastic to see that they are keeping the ride in tip-top shape and not allowing the it to slowly deteriorate as SixFlags did when they owned the park or as Paramount/Cedar Fair did with the two Hurler clones.

Attachments

• Endeavour-03.jpg
    Endeavour-03.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 5
I know the park has had a lot of trouble with that old Enterprise since they reopened. I think it's removal and replacement is mainly because of mechanical and technical reasons. I can't see the ride going anywhere but the scrap yard.

Shane said:
I know the park has had a lot of trouble with that old Enterprise since they reopened. I think it's removal and replacement is mainly because of mechanical and technical reasons. I can't see the ride going anywhere but the scrap yard.

Attachments

• sadpanda.gif
    sadpanda.gif
    55.5 KB · Views: 6
Yes, quite sad. I do love a good Enterprise, but luckily they are still being made. I think the newer suspended Enterprise might be fun though.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad