Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I have a basic question about media day events. I'm going to my first one and I took the 8 AM to 11 AM shift. It says to arrive at 8 AM, but does that mean to arrive at the park (drive in) at 8 AM, or to be at the coaster and ready to go at 8 AM? I'm not a morning person, otherwise I wouldn't have to ask. Haha.

Definitely allow some time before the posted start time. Last time I did shifts for a media event I got there 30 minutes early. I'd advise to plan to be there 15 to 20 minutes before.

Dusting this thread off:

So I'm not a member but have a reason to consider - I'm curious if there's any real benefit other than basically saying you're a member and the occasional backstage tour?

In a way you are supporting the conservation of older rollercoasters or parks. Other than that, the events can be pretty fun; however, I’ve seen some interesting things take place at some of them.

Dusting this thread off:

So I'm not a member but have a reason to consider - I'm curious if there's any real benefit other than basically saying you're a member and the occasional backstage tour?
I joined in 2020 for the Pantheon "Tour" (not that I am still holding a grudge or anything) I have kept my membership active even though I felt like the world situation significantly limited the benefits to it. For me one of the driving factors was to try to expand my social circles. Obviously that hasn't really occurred but much but I did meet some people at the Pantheon "tour". Hopefully 2022 will see the world return more to normal and events will be back to more regular.

On top of that there are some decent discounts for parks and travel that your ACE membership gets you. And the seak peak and behind the seens stuff that we did get at the Pantheon "tour" was pretty neat. Heck S&S even showed us stuff that they were working on in China that wasn't available for public release yet which was really cool.

Last edited:
I just rejoined ACE. I was a member for one year i think back in 2020. Going to go to their Knoebels event this year and hopefully some other ones before the year is out. Their website is terrible, though. I renewed and it now says my membership expired in 2021. lol. And trying to view my membership card online just sends me into a site login loop. It does say in the email I got that if you let your membership lapse for too long than the date may not be correct for 24 to 48 hours. That's super weird, but ok. lol. None-the-less, once this is straightened out, definitely looking forward to getting back to Knoebels for the first time in years and getting ERT on Twister and Phoenix, ride tours, etc. Plus it's $42 to get into the event, but you get a $20 ride ticket book and a $20 card good for food. I mean, if you ignore the $35 it cost to join ACE, not a bad deal at all.

Also looking to make some more coaster-loving friends. I'm not the best at making friends (read, terrible at it), but I'm going to try.

Oh and I have leftover ride tickets from years ago. Going to test out the ride tickets never expire thing.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Looks like I'm too late to register for that. Oh well.

Couldn’t hurt to contact them directly and see if you can still sign up since you rejoined after the deadline. I’ll be there as well.
Usually the deadlines are related to when the park wants a hard number by and can't be changed but it never hurts to check.

I think I'm going to go to CocoaCon. I can't do too many of these trips this year. Knoebels and CocoaCon might be enough. Though I'll contact them about Ace Dives and see what they say.

EDIT: they put me on a waitlist in case anyone cancels. Which they said was probably given 207 registered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiender
If I go to Ace Dives I’m going to have to drive from Baltimore on a Friday because I am not a morning person and can’t get up early enough to make it there in time. I know that is likely brutal. What’s the best time to be driving south on that awful stretch of 95 on a Friday?

Moved to BG Q&A thread. Answer there if you have a suggestion!

Last edited:
If anyone is at the Dives event tomorrow and is interested in meeting up let me know.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Unfortunately nobody cancelled and so I didn't get in. I'll do this right next year and not wait until it's too late to sign up normally.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad