Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 22, 2019
At least it showed some (slow) progress on the the water park area. And more pictures of amusement park rides is always a good thing.

Nov 1, 2012
At least it showed some (slow) progress on the the water park area. And more pictures of amusement park rides is always a good thing.
Seems most of the CF parks, getting new water fortress type attractions in their water park for 2020, are in the same place regarding the construction timeline. Dorney Park was still pouring concrete as of this past week or two. KD looks a little ahead on that timeline. Looks like KD was still busting up the concrete supports/footers for the old water play structure.

It appears most of the time consuming tasks are complete (reconfigure wave pool area; all new water lines laid down; concrete poured for kiddie wave pool and wading pool basin/footers for play structure). I would think the play structure assembly and water hook-up would take no more than 4-6 weeks. I assume the new food truck court area needs some infrastructure changes/additions. Not sure what other types of refurbishment are going to happen to that area; so, I give that 6-8 weeks to complete. If the park really gets in gear at the beginning of March, I would think everything would be complete by mid to late April. The park still has a good buffer of 3-4 weeks before Soak City opens on May 23rd for the 2020 season.

Jul 22, 2014
Virginia Tech
Glad to hear Drop Tower is finally being repainted. I've only been asking for that for over a decade. I believe it still has its original paint job (opened in 2003). Now would be a great time to change up the color scheme, theme, and give it a less generic name than Drop Tower: Scream Zone. It would be nice if they changed it to a name/theme that went along with the classic Americana midway theme of Candy Apple Grove.

• Love
Reactions: wombat96
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad