Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 29, 2011
http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/9-employees-treated-at-busch-gardens

9 employees treated at Busch Gardens

Officials: Minor reaction from cleaning solution

Updated: Monday, 27 Jun 2011, 4:51 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 27 Jun 2011, 3:23 PM EDT

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) - A minor reaction to cleaning solution fumes has left nine employees at Trappers Smokehouse Restaurant in Busch Gardens Williamsburg recovering this afternoon.

Around 2:20 p.m. Monday, five employees were treated at the scene by park emergency medical personnel, and four were transported to Williamsburg General.

Stay with WAVY.com for more information about the incident as it become available.

Jul 22, 2010
So some employees were idiots and did not take the proper precautions. Busch is particular about how chemicals and solutions are handled. Their training is very thorough on proper usage and using in ventilated areas.

Sep 29, 2010
yea...trappers and part of rpt and the main gate were closed for awhile.....nuked some ramen isntead

Feb 21, 2011
Your Mother's Butt
Yeah... I came in yesterday (I started at 4) and saw a fire truck and ambulance behind the train station... WAS going to ride the train in, but they had closed that... Scout is right, BGW is VERY thorough in chemical training

May 10, 2011
I'll bet it was bleach and amonia getting mixed together. That is the main culprit in most of these situations.

Apr 7, 2011
ScoutN said:
So some employees were idiots and did not take the proper precautions. Busch is particular about how chemicals and solutions are handled. Their training is very thorough on proper usage and using in ventilated areas.

Apparently they were not thorough enough.

Jan 27, 2010
Don't worry...the park is already implementing new actions to make sure this doesn't happen again

Jul 22, 2010
Animator said:

Hmm, I think people and ads are thorough in regards to drinking and driving and people still do it. I think people are thorough on firework dangers and there are still accidents. I think the cops are thorough on speeding and penalties and people still do it.

No matter how thorough you are you always have the idiots. Don't be naive.

Apr 7, 2011
ScoutN said:
Animator said:

Hmm, I think people and ads are thorough in regards to drinking and driving and people still do it. I think people are thorough on firework dangers and there are still accidents. I think the cops are thorough on speeding and penalties and people still do it.

No matter how thorough you are you always have the idiots. Don't be naive.
Yeah, no matter how much you train and teach, you still get the dumb asses!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad