Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
KD40thLogo.png

[tweet=https://twitter.com/KDFansOnline/status/378221255817969664]
[tweet=https://twitter.com/KDFansOnline/status/378221563352711168]
[tweet=https://twitter.com/KDFansOnline/status/378221760426291200]

Much more info can be found here.​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nV0m5Xsfg4

RE: 2014 Park Revitalization

I thought there was going to be a new ride? Or an old new ride. Or something.

Doesn't look like it, but I'd say I'm thoroughly impressed with the announcement regardless. The possibility of new trains on Anaconda could save the ride and I'm very curious about the changes coming to Volcano...

Reactions: Mushroom and Nicole

Yes.

I am hopeful for Volcano. I really like it a lot. It deserves some care and feeding. But I hate, hate, hate the queue and loading area.

And Anaconda used to be a lot of fun.

I can't watch the video at work. What are they doing to the Grove?

KD is quickly becoming better than BGW, the park should be terrified at this point.

Reactions: Mushroom

Pretzel Kaiser said:
KD is quickly becoming better than BGW, the park should be terrified at this point.

I'm not ready to go that far. And my Cedar Point experience gives me some pause, as well. It was much prettier than a few years ago, but I'm not impressed with coaster maintenance. It may not be the same park, but it is the same company.

Reactions: BBW and Planeteer

I'm glad the park is focusing on improving their current areas. This will prolly mean the park will bring back a few old rides and classic theme elements. I'm still holding out on a Water Works expansion. A few new water slides and a fresh coat of paint to the older ones would be perfect.

Reactions: Nicole

Zachary said:
New trains on Anaconda could save the ride and I'm very curious about the changes coming to Volcano...

I really don't have my hopes up for Volcano, but hopefully the facade gets refreshed and the godawful inside is covered up better. The station also needs dusting, badly.

Nic said:
I can't watch the video at work. What are they doing to the Grove?

They haven't announced specifics but when you get a chance, you need to watch the video- it's a look back at the park's history like none I've ever seen a park do previously. It shows they really care about what they were and have their eyes set on becoming that charming amusement park once again. More power to them.

Their famous Blue Ice Cream is supposed to be really good from what I've heard with long time visitors.

b.mac said:
Their famous Blue Ice Cream is supposed to be really good from what I've heard with long time visitors.

You aren't talking about the frightening Smurf Blue stuff they used to sell?

RE: Kings Dominion's 40th Anniversary Celebration & Park Revitalization

From the Press Release:

Those who grew up with Kings Dominion will also notice the return of many original park icons next season, including:

The homecoming of the park’s classic blue ice cream, which was a hit with families for decades.

A complete restoration of the iconic International Street fountain, which will include a new LED lighting package and additional refurbishments.

Reintroduction of one of the park’s original classic midways, Candy Apple Grove. This re-themed area will include new ride lighting packages, return of the classic over-sized candy apples along the midway and other surprises.

The return of Safari Village (formerly the Congo area of the park) and will include exciting improvements to Volcano: The Blast Coaster and one of the park’s older roller coasters, Anaconda.

Reactions: Zachary

Digging a bit in to the website reveals a few interesting things.
They'll be releasing monthly documentary-style videos featuring former park GMs and employees, and there will be some sort of Mosaic in the park featuring vintage park photos, they're taking submissions now

All I can say is that any park who works to preserve their heritage and history- to recognize the memories that it has given to people and wish to continue making new ones; while never forgetting what is treasured most, has both my respect and gratitude.

Kings Dominion- I salute you and all you are planning in 2014. I will be there to honor your history and to celebrate your 40th!

Bravo! Bravo!

It all looks great, except the Smurf Blue ice cream. Just say "no" to Smurfs.

Here's something else I just learned about:
I've thrown a lot of rumors out there in the past, but this one is probably the sketchiest one: Pat apparently had some ambition to revive the singing mushrooms & possibly some of the original characters.

Honestly, I don't believe this at all, but someone told me and I thought I'd throw it up here.

I, for one, am not one to learn much about the little details of the past, but this is just amazing! Also these pictures of the past are simply stunning. I've done a lot of digging for photos and such, but these are truly amazing.

I'm completely amazed at the moment. I just got home and am just trying to take it all in. I can't even imagine how amazing the park will look next season.

Reactions: Nora and Nicole

I think is the closest the park will ever come to being like this again:

pkd1992map.jpg

Ah, isn't it nice not having Paramount around anymore?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad