Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Feb 9, 2022
Afternoon everyone
I just posted the same question on the KF forums but gonna ask here as well. Me and a friend are stopping down for the day hence the title. My question is what should I expect as far as what attractions will be open? Also what should I expect crowd wise? I’m aware Pantheon is opening a week prior but I’m not familiar with how crowds will be in April. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

RocketChk

Silver Donor
Mar 26, 2011
That's the beginning of Spring Break for the schools so that will be a big factor for crowds. With that and the opening the week before, I would prepare for the worst and hope for the best. That should be our motto at ParkFans. Everything will be open unless there's a hurricane or it snows, of which both are possible on any given day.

• Haha
Reactions: JR1989 and DJTLG

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
BGW hasn't actually announced what will be open by then, but we're hoping that all the major attractions will be online at that point. As per crowds, yeah, that Saturday is likely to be pretty brutal. Many staff members will be new to their jobs, crowds will be large, and operations likely won't have spun up fully by then. Plan to get to the park first thing in the morning and get through as many major attractions as you can. Also, plan to eat at weird times—food lines are likely to be pretty awful too. If you can, consider budgeting for QuickQueue.

Reactions: JR1989
Feb 9, 2022
BGW hasn't actually announced what will be open by then, but we're hoping that all the major attractions will be online at that point. As per crowds, yeah, that Saturday is likely to be pretty brutal. Many staff members will be new to their jobs, crowds will be large, and operations likely won't have spun up fully by then. Plan to get to the park first thing in the morning and get through as many major attractions as you can. Also, plan to eat at weird times—food lines are likely to be pretty awful too. If you can, consider budgeting for QuickQueue.
It’s funny your replying because I was just listening to you on Coaster Talk podcast on my hour ride commute home. I actually screwed up, I’m going on the 1st so sorry for the error. But according to the BG website it says it’s open from 11am to 9pm (Friday) can you confirm that? I plan on doing KD on Saturday. I’ve been to BG back in 97 (I was 8 and yes I got the Dragon Fire credit) and again in 05. KD I’ve never been to

Feb 9, 2022
That's the beginning of Spring Break for the schools so that will be a big factor for crowds. With that and the opening the week before, I would prepare for the worst and hope for the best. That should be our motto at ParkFans. Everything will be open unless there's a hurricane or it snows, of which both are possible on any given day.
Crap it completely flew over my head that that’s spring break. Thanks for the reply

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
It’s funny your replying because I was just listening to you on Coaster Talk podcast on my hour ride commute home. I actually screwed up, I’m going on the 1st so sorry for the error. But according to the BG website it says it’s open from 11am to 9pm (Friday) can you confirm that? I plan on doing KD on Saturday. I’ve been to BG back in 97 (I was 8 and yes I got the Dragon Fire credit) and again in 05. KD I’ve never been to

Oh, good, Friday should be much better than Saturday. Still definitely plan to rope drop—BGW crowds don't tend to show up early so it's typically pretty easy to get the lower capacity attractions out of the way first thing. This will likely be especially important right after Pantheon's opening. Go there first and then focus on hitting Verbolten, InvadR, and Nessie before crowds appear.

And the hours on BGW's website should be accurate. They're pretty good at not changing them unless weather is particularly bad.

Reactions: JR1989
Feb 9, 2022
Oh, good, Friday should be much better than Saturday. Still definitely plan to rope drop—BGW crowds don't tend to show up early so it's typically pretty easy to get the lower capacity attractions out of the way first thing. This will likely be especially important right after Pantheon's opening. Go there first and then focus on hitting Verbolten, InvadR, and Nessie before crowds appear.

And the hours on BGW's website should be accurate. They're pretty good at not changing them unless weather is particularly bad.
Ok will do. Thanks for the advice Zachary

Reactions: Zachary
Mar 17, 2020

Perhaps this belongs in the Pantheon thread, but are there any guarantees Festa will open at rope drop? Asking the question as that area is usually opens 30 minutes after rope drop.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Perhaps this belongs in the Pantheon thread, but are there any guarantees Festa will open at rope drop? Asking the question as that area is usually opens 30 minutes after rope drop.

I'd be really surprised if Pantheon wasn't operating first thing every morning, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad