Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 6, 2013
Some brief thoughts and observations from opening day. Wild Thang appears to still exist if crowds deem it necessary. The new splash pad will replace Kritter Korral as I expected. This is a long coming upgrade. The new bar replaces a relatively new bar above the wave pool, not really sure why? You can't use that steep hill anymore between that upper area and Cow-a-bunga, which kills the flow with a stroller. Park looks good, but many things still need a power wash, chairs and such. Some fencing replaced near HHH. No more pictures of the old Aquazoid monster that I could see.

And finally the soundtrack seems to have changed. From what I heard no pop and no country. It seems to be back to just oldies. Personally I'm not a fan at all. Many songs are very slow and not beachy in the least. If you don't want contemporary at least stick to things like beach boys, Jimmy Buffett and Bob Marley. Frank Sinatra belongs at Olive Garden, not a water park. I really don't think this music says fun day at a park, but then again I also hate the current "theme". Overall happy the park is open!

Some brief thoughts and observations from opening day. Wild Thang appears to still exist if crowds deem it necessary. The new splash pad will replace Kritter Korral as I expected. This is a long coming upgrade. The new bar replaces a relatively new bar above the wave pool, not really sure why? You can't use that steep hill anymore between that upper area and Cow-a-bunga, which kills the flow with a stroller. Park looks good, but many things still need a power wash, chairs and such. Some fencing replaced near HHH. No more pictures of the old Aquazoid monster that I could see.

And finally the soundtrack seems to have changed. From what I heard no pop and no country. It seems to be back to just oldies. Personally I'm not a fan at all. Many songs are very slow and not beachy in the least. If you don't want contemporary at least stick to things like beach boys, Jimmy Buffett and Bob Marley. Frank Sinatra belongs at Olive Garden, not a water park. I really don't think this music says fun day at a park, but then again I also hate the current "theme". Overall happy the park is open!
Is rampage still in-tact too did you notice?

Wild Thang will be opening. They are hoping for next weekend, but they really want it by Memorial Day weekend at the latest. They are waiting for parts that have been disrupted by supply chain. Cutback was down this morning but did eventually open. Still no music on AA on my one ride today.

Couple of things to add about opening day. There seemed to be a whole lot of new tubes throughout the park, specifically on Colossal Curl and Aquazoid, that were very slow on the ride. Not sure if the slowness was because the tubes were new or if they were overinflated. We actually valleyed on Colossal Curl and had to scoot ourselves through area after the first funnel drop to keep moving through the ride.

Other items of note - It looked like Nitro Racer had been repainted, The waterfalls at the beginning of Malibu Pipeline still don't work. Hubba Hubba Highway was definitely not heated, I seem to remember it being heated in the past.

I do feel that the park was looking pretty good on opening day for it being cold and rainy.

[...] There seemed to be a whole lot of new tubes throughout the park, specifically on Colossal Curl and Aquazoid, that were very slow on the ride. Not sure if the slowness was because the tubes were new or if they were overinflated. We actually valleyed on Colossal Curl and had to scoot ourselves through area after the first funnel drop to keep moving through the ride. [...]

I had a very rough start on Jet Scream with my tube not wanting to move properly. I assumed that they were not running enough water, but I guess it could have been the tube itself.

I heard of at least a second incident of a tube being stuck on Amped and being rammed free. That ride probably needs a minimum weight added to it.

Reactions: AlpenChariot
So I guess they're not going forward with Gemini at the moment... Wonder if it's a mechanical, staffing, or insurance reason for Rampage

Reactions: AlpenChariot
So I guess they're not going forward with Gemini at the moment... Wonder if it's a mechanical, staffing, or insurance reason for Rampage
He said difficulties related to the age of that style of ride. It's worth noting that I believe Wild Thing was outside of the footprint of Gemini. But it's is worth noting that Kevin very specifically said SEAS is committed to opening a new attraction in it each REGION every year I could see BGW and WCUSA being counted as one in that statement.

No but he was asked about Wild Thing and Rampage during his ACE Q&A this afternoon. Given the questions it appeared there were man BGWFan Fans in attendance.

Makes sense - just noticed your postings in other threads about the ACE event so I guess that was my own obliviousness.

Still tons of work needed on the new splash pad. End of the month I would guess. The new drink building above the wave pool hopefully isn't finished. If it is finished it's a let down compared to the tiki one before.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad