Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 6, 2013
Looks like WCUSA is planning on opening May 22. I would guess the prior weekend might be member preview. I was hoping both might have shifted forward some with the lost season, but hopefully we'll be in a situation where they can open close to normal at that time. Also glad to see they are planning on staying open past Labor Day again. SmartSelect_20210104-142302_Busch Gardens.jpg

Looks like WCUSA is planning on opening May 22. I would guess the prior weekend might be member preview. I was hoping both might have shifted forward some with the lost season, but hopefully we'll be in a situation where they can open close to normal at that time. Also glad to see they are planning on staying open past Labor Day again. View attachment 21854
I don't know that the weather is nice enough to justify them opening much earlier than that. It can be pretty cool in May

I don't know that the weather is nice enough to justify them opening much earlier than that. It can be pretty cool in May
This is true, but it can also be very warm. My anniversary is May 1 and the day we got married was in the nineties. Virginia in May is still warmer than most the midwest/northeast in June I bet.

Is lubing up the slides to make them faster and replace tubing in the mountains an acceptable suggestion?

Actually the calendar still shows closed Tuesdays, but if you click on one individually it shows park hours and you can make reservations. As usual it's not very consistent.

Any idea on the operating model for WCUSA once it opens? Will it be similar to BGW with modified operations with select attractions/food offerings/gift shops open, or is it more of a full park operations model? Maybe they are planning for both and taking a wait and see approach on restrictions closer to park opening.

Reactions: tursiops
Since they are still listing Aquazoid as open, it appears that they haven't publicized their plans, no. All we know for sure are their COVID policies:

I am a bit concerned that none of the dates next month have maxed out on reservations yet.

Makes me wonder what capacity they are calculating with.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad