Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
Today I saw my first "general" 2020 Busch gardens article so I'm guessing they have started to circulate the 2020 media kit.

As usual, it leaves me with far more questions than answers. I think I need to wait for a few more articles to come out to try to shake out what is 'from the kit' vs what the news org 'added/surmised'. I don't suppose they bothered to send you one, eh @Zachary?

Here is the first article I found: https://wtkr.com/2020/01/30/busch-g...nce-fun-sale-with-new-attractions-every-week/

First off the title is incredibly misleading.

New attractions every week, eh? Yeah right.

The other thing that stands out to me:

"This year’s lineup includes a new record-breaking coaster, new entertainment, and exciting expanded events including:"

Of course we're all going to be interested in what, if any, 'new entertainment' there actually is. And what events expansion has there been?

And they still list Finnegan's and cutback as new. I'm not sure, at what point is an attraction no longer considered new?

Finnegan's I'll give them because it wasn't open in the spring; but cutback? Idk...

Reactions: belsaas
Aug 23, 2017
Today I saw my first "general" 2020 Busch gardens article so I'm guessing they have started to circulate the 2020 media kit.

As usual, it leaves me with far more questions than answers. I think I need to wait for a few more articles to come out to try to shake out what is 'from the kit' vs what the news org 'added/surmised'. I don't suppose they bothered to send you one, eh @Zachary?

Here is the first article I found: https://wtkr.com/2020/01/30/busch-g...nce-fun-sale-with-new-attractions-every-week/

"This year’s lineup includes a new record-breaking coaster, new entertainment, and exciting expanded events including:"

Of course we're all going to be interested in what, if any, 'new entertainment' there actually is. And what events expansion has there been?

And they still list Finnegan's and cutback as new. I'm not sure, at what point is an attraction no longer considered new?

Finnegan's I'll give them because it wasn't open in the spring; but cutback? Idk...
Clearly they follow the new guy doctrine. You are the new guy until there is a newer guy.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018

Technically speaking HOS, CT both are longer this year and I think there's an extra weekend to F&W.

I think the new attraction every week is referring to the summer where they are repeating the rotating shows in Globe each week.

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach

...Of course we're all going to be interested in what, if any, 'new entertainment' there actually is. And what events expansion has there been?..

I'm not sure the word interested describes my emotion... Somewhere between terrified and indifference.

Reactions: UncleDuncan
Sep 7, 2018
Does anyone remember the line in Jurassic World about why they created the new, hybrid dinosaur? I remember thinking the idea was silly, "really, people don't just want to see regular old dinosaurs anymore?? They're DINOSAURS!"

But maybe it's not to far fetched. Do people really not go to a theme park because there is nothing new? When I was a kid, we had a small, terrible park down the street with a rusty slide, 2 dry rotted swings and wonky seesaw that had old tires at the bottom. I never got tired of playing at that playground.

I think BGW could add absolutely nothing and have no special events and I would still have a great time. There would still be plenty to do.

Now, I'm off to rant about how terrible HOS was last year and how they better do something different for 2020...

Sep 7, 2018
I don't disagree, but I think it is more a comment on people in general. We always need bigger and better to be satisfied.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
Could it be said that any of the SEAS parks are overexpanding though?
Maybe. You won't really know you've overexpanded until it's too late.

I don't really see what SEAS is doing as overexpanding. It's more catching up. The 3 SeaWorld's have never had a lot of coasters or other rides. They had one or two but that was pretty much it. They were more focused on the shows and animals. They are attempting to pivot from that to being more about rides and events. That's going to require a lot of investment in a short time.

I think for the BG parks they are just trying to make them a brand name on par with SeaWorld. Not a lot of people have ever really heard of Busch Gardens like they have of SeaWorld.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA

I can't speak for @Zachary, but I haven't gotten any press releases from BGW.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad