Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 7, 2012
I saw this upgrade center outside of Oktoberfest yesterday. This is the first time I've seen it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190705_162142.jpg
    IMG_20190705_162142.jpg
    698.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Robert
I don’t remember that being an upgrade center last week. Maybe I just missed it.

Some of these might have been last year, too. Or whenever, they are changes for us. We really don't bother coming that far for what is offered anymore. ☹
Some of these are the usual "WTF did they do this". Simply Southern in Aquitaine? Really? Painting a solid color over the stocks is just F'n laziness.

Verbroken photos out - 75% in. The aforementioned Aquitaine snack stand. I didn't think anything would make me appreciate Union Jax. Thank you Elmo. Metal detectors. They. Just. Suck. Nice fence where the trees fell at the entrance. Extra decorations to go with Bel Concertino? Poor plain stocks. Not sure when they where painted over. Eh. the new Grogan glasses are easier to see at least.

16987 16988 16989 16990 16991 16992 16993 16994 16995 16996 16997

Oh, and next we'll be paying 10 cents for maps to put in our 10 cent bags. Don't get me wrong. The app is a good thing. Just thinking of the park's pettiness.

Reactions: Eric and Mushroom
Some of these might have been last year, too. Or whenever, they are changes for us. We really don't bother coming that far for what is offered anymore. ☹
Some of these are the usual "WTF did they do this". Simply Southern in Aquitaine? Really? Painting a solid color over the stocks is just F'n laziness.

Verbroken photos out - 75% in. The aforementioned Aquitaine snack stand. I didn't think anything would make me appreciate Union Jax. Thank you Elmo. Metal detectors. They. Just. Suck. Nice fence where the trees fell at the entrance. Extra decorations to go with Bel Concertino? Poor plain stocks. Not sure when they where painted over. Eh. the new Grogan glasses are easier to see at least.

View attachment 16987View attachment 16988View attachment 16989View attachment 16990View attachment 16991View attachment 16992View attachment 16993View attachment 16994View attachment 16995View attachment 16996View attachment 16997

Oh, and next we'll be paying 10 cents for maps to put in our 10 cent bags. Don't get me wrong. The app is a good thing. Just thinking of the park's pettiness.
View attachment 16998

I don't think I would label the park requiring a 10¢ donation to the conservation fund in order to get a bag as petty. It actually seems like a good idea to me and discourages people from getting bags just for the sake of getting bags and it all goes to a good cause.

I don't think I would label the park requiring a 10¢ donation to the conservation fund in order to get a bag as petty. It actually seems like a good idea to me and discourages people from getting bags just for the sake of getting bags and it all goes to a good cause.
I have yet to pay for one, yet I get a bag every time. Not that I have tried to avoid paying but I just figure I will put whatever in my pocket after paying but generally they just drop it in a bag anyhow.

I have yet to pay for one, yet I get a bag every time. Not that I have tried to avoid paying but I just figure I will put whatever in my pocket after paying but generally they just drop it in a bag anyhow.
I will say that in my experience they have been rather hit or miss when I purchase an item. Some cashiers ask me if I want one and then charge if I do and then others just give me a bag without charging.

So apparently the park has installed a gate at the crosswalk and will now force you to use the tram. Not only a gate but they are paying a team member to stand there enforcing the closure.

So if the tram isn't running, such as during a severe weather event, what's a guest to do?

So apparently the park has installed a gate at the crosswalk and will now force you to use the tram.
Are you referring to the crosswalk between parking lots? And is that in the morning or in the evening?

I ask because just last night they were letting TONS of folks walk through there in the dark at park close, and had two employees stopping the cars at every opportunity.

Are you referring to the crosswalk between parking lots? And is that in the morning or in the evening?

I ask because just last night they were letting TONS of folks walk through there in the dark at park close, and had two employees stopping the cars at every opportunity.
Yes the one heading out of the Germany lot. It was closed and blocked by a gate this afternoon. I imagine that they do open it during peak times hence the gate instead of fence but in the past it's been open at all times.

I asked at the park on Friday and was told that they weren't sure what they were for yet. My guess is that they are there for people to purchase upgrades and QQ like the one outside of Verbolten. I also saw one outside of Apollo.

If that's what they are for then maybe they will remove the QQ option from the locker rental. It's crazy how many people just want to rent a locker and accidentally buy QQ and then later end up at guest relations because they got charged an extra $10 for their lockers

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad