Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Nicole

and Team / Co
Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
For a variety of reasons (some better than others) the Admins have been negligent and allowed the Advisory Panel to lapse. This week we were faced with the immediate need for that voting body, and realized we needed to do something about it. Ultimately, the urgency of the requirement receded, but the Admins have decided that we need to have Advisory Panel elections with the next few weeks anyway.

As some of you may recall, we have a two-step process:

1. Forum Members will nominate candidates.
  2. Once that list is compiled, we will hold a vote.
As in previous years, the nomination process will be completely anonymous.

We have created a Google Form here. You may only nominate one member at a time, but feel free to nominate as many people as you feel appropriate. Be sure to use the person’s username, not real name.

You may not nominate yourself, and anyone caught campaigning for either a nomination or a vote will be disqualified.

Term limits do not apply, because the Panel has been dormant for a year.

We will add the names of nominees to this thread daily. Please post any questions about the process below, as well. Do not nominate or support any specific candidates here, however.

If you have been nominated and wish to decline, please PM one of the Admins.

We plan to close this thread on 8pm on Tuesday (26 March), and start the anonymous voting process next Thursday (28 March).

I will update the running list here in the OP:

Alf33
Applesauce
b.mac
belsaas
BGW Family
BGWnut
Cedarva
Chris
Cowboy Joe
cspencer
Dylon
Evan
Fur Dozy
GrandpaD
halfabee
lce
James
Joe
kingadam
Lolers
Luke (declined the nomination)
madmax
MAZ
Merboy
mwe bgw
netdvn
Pandorazboxx
Party Rocker
Pretzel Kaiser
RollyCoaster (declined the nomination)
sereniv
Shane
Sky
SukaUniFl
Thomas
Unagi
UncleDuncan
Username
warfelg
WDWRLD
Zachary (Admin)
Zimmy

Last edited:
giphy.gif

It operates in the darkest shadows on the blackest nights. The Dark Council, as it has come to be known, operates in complete secrecy.

Well now we have to change it since it's not a secret anymore.

You have to bring the pizza next time for spoiling it.

No, we (the Admins) can’t be a part of the Advisory Panel.

The panel is so that we can get the community’s input on decisions that affect the community. That doesn’t mean every decision will get voted on by the panel, or that what the panel votes for will stand. We do reserve the right to overrule the panel if we don’t agree, and the right to make decisions when we don’t want or need the panel’s input. It’s simply a tool for us so that we can better understand what the community wants.

Having us on the panel would defeat that purpose.

When I go to the google form the answer field it grayed out. This happens in both Firefox and Edge on both my laptop and desktop. Am I doing it wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: Luke
When I go to the google form the answer field it grayed out. This happens in both Firefox and Edge on both my laptop and desktop. Am I doing it wrong?

I just tested it in Firefox and Edge. Both are working here. Do you have some sort of addon blocking something on the page...?

If you can't make it work on your desktop, nominate people with the Google Form on your phone or simply PM an admin with your nominations if you don't care about remaining anonymous.

Here are the current nominations in alphabetical order. The names that are struck through are disqualified. If you do not see someone you think should be on the list, please nominate them. If you are on the list and do not wish to serve on the Panel, please PM an Admin.

Applesauce
b.mac
belsaas
BGW Family
Cowboy Joe
GrandpaD
lce
Joe
Lolers
Luke
madmax
Merboy