Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 21, 2016
2017 has been an off year for Cedar Fair mainly due to budgeting issues. However, I think 2018 will be a much bigger year.

With the coasters, I think that we could be seeing 2 or even 3 coming. My prediction is RMC Mean Streak and something to replace Hurler at Kings Dominion (both are the two most heavily rumored parks to receive something) but can also see something added to either Worlds of Fun or Canada's Wonderland.

What do you think?

Where is any of this coming from? Budget issues? 2 to 3 coasters? Off year?

Citation needed!

Reactions: BlackWeird
Isn't RMC already doing Mean Streak?  There was a stake picture posted from around Mean Streak with RMC and a flag on it on Twitter already from back in July.  Thought that one was already going to happen.  Maybe I'm wrong.

That thread can be found here. Maybe just speculation.

http://parkfans.net/thread-4505.html

strycker said:
Isn't RMC already doing Mean Streak?  There was a stake picture posted from around Mean Streak with RMC and a flag on it on Twitter already from back in July.  Thought that one was already going to happen.  Maybe I'm wrong.

That thread can be found here.  Maybe just speculation.

http://parkfans.net/thread-4505.html

I can see that for 2017 (and maybe RMC Hurler by surprise) but I'm just being on the safe side and saying that whatever happens for CP and KD happens in 2018.

latest

But really- I would love the addition of a multi-stop railroad at Kings Dominion. It would greatly help round out the park's lineup. A train would provide a both slow-moving non-kiddie ride and in-park transportation, both of which the park really needs.

Joe said:
latest

But really- I would love the addition of a multi-stop railroad at Kings Dominion. It would greatly help round out the park's lineup. A train would provide a both slow-moving non-kiddie ride and in-park transportation, both of which the park really needs.

The park is pretty compact. It doesn't need a train.

Reactions: strycker
It does have a pretty unintuitive layout. Some sort of transportation ride would really improve the experience at KD.

madmax said:
Joe said:
latest

The park is pretty compact. It doesn't need a train.

1. I hope you are kidding.
2. If you aren't, you should not take Thomas' post literally.
3. The park used to have a railroad, and some would argue that they should build a new train.
4. I would ask that KD-specific discussion be kept in the KD sub-forum, which does NOT mean anyone should create a fourth thread on this same, tired topic.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad