Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 30, 2015
So we have been looking at getting the Platinum passes for next year and attempting to hit Cedar Point, Kings Island, Dorney, Carowinds and Kings Dominion all at some point in the year. Has anyone doing a platinum all season dining before? I'm wondering if it's worth while. I see that they offer a $32 All Day Dining that allows eating every 90 mins as opposed to the 4 hour time on the All Season. If we bought one of these for each day we visit the park, we could both eat from one All Day Pass since it's so frequent.

Right now at $113 each it would be $226 for 2 dining passes (2 meals per visit, 4 hrs apart).. or the $32 option each visit. Breaking it down, I'd have to buy 7 $32 meal passes for it break even over the All Season Dining Pass. Just counting up the parks, there's 6 potential visits (counting 2 days at CP) and possibly more locally.

Anyone have anything to say about the All-Season vs Single Day Dining Pass either way? Just curious. Attempting to plan out our attack on the passes. Would definitely buy the refillable bottle this time around.

Well, I had the platinum with dining last year and it was the best. If you are only doing each of those parks a few times, then I am not sure but if one of them is your home park and you plan on visiting many times even just one park, go with the season deal. I loved how after my big trips, I would visit Kings Dominion (My home CF park) many times and get "free food" every time!

SWStevo said:
Well, I had the platinum with dining last year and it was the best. If you are only doing each of those parks a few times, then I am not sure but if one of them is your home park and you plan on visiting many times even just one park, go with the season deal. I loved how after my big trips, I would visit Kings Dominion (My home CF park) many times and get "free food" every time!

Yes, Kings Dominion would be my home park as well. I've been 5 times so far this season I think. So next year about the same plus the other parks listed. Does anyone know when the official deadline is for the early purchase of the passes before the price goes up?

Reactions: SWStevo
I grabbed one of these today and was wondering how to use it to get into the parking lot closest to dominator.

Reactions: jornor
It's actually on the other side of the gate, closer to the hotel. You'll see a gate and then scan your pass.

A word of warning. The scanner on the gate doesn't work well, and very often the gate is just propped up/open.

In fact, I had to get out of my car to get it to recognize my pass this morning, and by the time we left at about​ 2 pm, the gates were up, and it appeared that many non-pass members were parked there.

Ok so, I don't get a scannable receipt from the booth or anything like that? I just put my pass in the scanner? The picture on the scanner was asking for a barcode and my pass doesn't have one. It just has one of those weird square scanner code things. Not a barcode.

Edit...that's the gold pass lot isn't it PK? I've been parking in there for years.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad