Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Gavin

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Skyland Estates, Virginia
So KD has posted their Operating Calendar through Labor Day, as well as Soak City's. The first thing you will notice is that none of the dates for Haunt are up which I don't ever recall them not posting them at the same time as the regular season hours. The other thing is that they are ending daily operation on the last full week of August which they have never done before.

Opening Day is set for March 25th.

https://www.kingsdominion.com/hours-directions

This maybe KD's shortest season ever.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Gavin said:
The other thing is that they are ending daily operation on the last full week of August which they have never done before.

This maybe KD's shortest season ever.

It looks like they added three Fridays in April to the 2017 schedule, which they haven't had in previous years. So, they lost four days but gained three.

I did notice that there are more 11:30 openings this year, especially in the spring, which is disappointing. I guess the operating budget has been cut. :(

Reactions: Nicole and jornor
Feb 6, 2016
No way they're getting rid of their Halloween Haunt or whatever, I know it is wildly popular though have not been since I was like 12 years old. They're probably re-vamping or re-tweaking the whole Haunt and dates and what not, who knows.

Sep 25, 2016
Yogi's Cave
jornor said:
No way they're getting rid of their Halloween Haunt or whatever, I know it is wildly popular though have not been since I was like 12 years old. They're probably re-vamping or re-tweaking the whole Haunt and dates and what not, who knows.

Haunt is the main reason I get season passes, probably would not get them if it were not for that.

They normally have a few weekend days in September that are blacked out private events, maybe getting the details on those dates nailed down is a factor.

Feb 6, 2016
jeffh said:
jornor said:

Haunt is the main reason I get season passes, probably would not get them if it were not for that.

They normally have a few weekend days in September that are blacked out private events, maybe getting the details on those dates nailed down is a factor.

ton of different factors at play here, but one thing is for (almost) certain: the Haunt is not going anywhere guys

Feb 6, 2016
Gavin said:
Nobody said Haunt was going anywhere, just that the hours haven't been posted yet.

Your original post implied that "they have never not posted the hours for Haunt before" and that "This maybe KD's shortest season ever." So yeah, nobody said it, but you heavily insinuated it.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
jornor said:
Gavin said:
Nobody said Haunt was going anywhere, just that the hours haven't been posted yet.

Your original post implied that "they have never not posted the hours for Haunt before" and that "This maybe KD's shortest season ever." So yeah, nobody said it, but you heavily insinuated it.

I disagree I never thought from the post that it was going away. They just stated the facts.

Feb 6, 2016
horsesboy said:
jornor said:
Gavin said:

I disagree I never thought from the post that it was going away.  They just stated the facts.

I thought there were heavy implications of the Haunt going away in the O.P., I sincerely apologize. I guess reading online interpreting the context/tone of what was said, I took in the wrong way. Sorry guys.

Apr 5, 2011
FWYyXf3.jpg

There's a special presentation the night of the 24th. Based on their last attempt at this, I can comfortably say

If6bL0D.jpg

Sep 25, 2016
Yogi's Cave
The full calendar has not yet been posted, but the Haunt page says "Haunt Will Return Fall 2017" -- not that there was much doubt that it was going anywhere but was mentioned above briefly...

https://www.kingsdominion.com/haunt

Mar 16, 2016
Nicole said:
I think the Friday daytime hours in April and May are a bit odd.  I guess they are actively targeting Pre-K now.

I think many in the general area follow CWS with alternating Fridays off from work. I'm guessing it helps with spring field trips too.

Reactions: Nicole
Sep 25, 2016
Yogi's Cave
The calendar on the web site now shows hours for September and October.

It shows closed on Friday Sep 22nd and then open until midnight on Saturday Sep 23rd, so I wonder if Haunt will start on a Saturday night instead of a Friday as usual?

Aug 19, 2015
jeffh said:
The calendar on the web site now shows hours for September and October.

It shows closed on Friday Sep 22nd and then open until midnight on Saturday Sep 23rd, so I wonder if Haunt will start on a Saturday night instead of a Friday as usual?

I can somewhat understand it since opening night on a Friday has very low attendance and that's one reason why I go on opening night. Looks like I'll be going on the 29th.

Reactions: SWStevo
Mar 18, 2017
In the past, they've experimented with the first Sunday being non-Haunt as well as other years not having opening on Friday. I can imagine it might help with staffing/training too. The interesting thing this year is open Sunday before Columbus Day 'til midnight.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad