Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 1, 2012
Kings Dominion put out more information concerning the 2016 Season Pass Holder Preview Day on Sunday, March 20th from 12 noon till 6pm.

Park gates open at 11:45am. (Not sure when the parking lot opens).

There will be a park presentation at the KD Theater, at 12 noon, for what is in store for the 2016 season. Such as information about Delirium, 2016 changes around the park, special events, and so forth.

The 1st 900 folks going to the KD theater presentation will receive a raffle ticket. Prizes will be awarded during the presentation. Top prize is an I-Pod mini.

Also, those folks who redeem for or buy their All Season drink bottles at the park on that day will get a drink Koozie from Coke (while supplies last).

KD Season Pass Preview Day.

In addition to what Mwhinva shared, it looks like Delirium will be open on Preview Day!

Kings Dominion said:
Ride your favorite rides and be one of the first to ride Delirium, our all new gravity defying thrill ride, before the general public.

Joe said:
Not to worry- Busch Dominion will be present with live reporting on social media, recordings of the announcements, and plenty of photos.

Thanks for getting the 2016 scoop for us. I won't be able to get to the park until the weekend after Easter.

Wondering if we pick up season passes that day. How does that usually work? We don't have one that we renewed, so we need to get the actual cards. Anyone know what time the Pass office is open that day?

You'll have to go to the Season Pass Processing building outside the park gates. When looking at the front gate from the entry plaza outside the park, it's the building to the far left. You won't be able to see it when standing in front of the front gate, so you have to walk around the bend near the exit turnstiles and continue toward Dominator. Once you round the corner, you'll be near the preferred parking lot. The small standalone building here is the Season Pass Processing building.

Here, they'll simply take a picture of your face, have you sign your card, and then send you on your merry way to the turnstiles.

I am not sure when this building will open on Preview Day, but in general, I've noticed it being open around 30 minutes before the gates open.

I renewed my pass online but I have to go to the office on the 20th anyways because I bought my sister a pass for this season. She only got to to go once last year at Haunt so she's super excited to have a pass this year. I think I've won sister of the year.

Reactions: Nicole
The weather isn't looking to bright for us pass members on Sunday. Hopefully it changes path. It is a 90% chance of rain, with 1/4 inch of rainfall possible at the moment.

Reactions: Mushroom
If you can't attend Pass Holder Preview Day today, we've got you covered! Just be sure to follow Busch Dominion on Instagram for live coverage of the event. We'll be braving the rain and cold weather to share pictures of everything that's new at the park... so stay tuned!

Joe said:
If you can't attend Pass Holder Preview Day today, we've got you covered! Just be sure to follow Busch Dominion on Instagram for live coverage of the event. We'll be braving the rain and cold weather to share pictures of everything that's new at the park... so stay tuned!

Can you take some pics of any Delirium merchandise if you see any?

I'm curios to see what they're selling.

Reactions: Mushroom
KDFans is heading up to the park today too. Expect live coverage of the presentation on our Twitter account.

Unagi said:
Can you take some pics of any Delirium merchandise if you see any?

Yep! (Side note: There will be custom Delirium cookies! More on that soon...)

Reactions: Unagi
They raffled off a bunch of stuff and went through the event schedule. Busch Dominion will post a full video.

I want to add publicly that the reminder at the end about this being the first day of a first job for many employees was a very nice touch. As someone who has coached employees through their first day I can tell you it's harder than you would think and that if it goes badly it can effect them for a while to come especially when they might have week off in between shift one bad day ills their enthusiasm and confedence.

Just got home from being at the park all day. It may have been cold, but we rode everything twice! I had a great time, the park was dead. Delirium was great, definitely a different feeling. I rode it twice, once diving fowards from highest peak and once falling backwards from highest peak. Great ride.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad