Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 1, 2012
Kings Dominion just posted their 2016 Entertainment Auditions on their web site. They will be held the last weekend of January and the first weekend of February in 2016. All Auditions will be at the Kings Dominion Theater.

The park is looking for actors, singers, dancers, (singer/dancers), and musicians (It looks like the clown band is back for 2016). Course, KD is also looking for costume characters, ushers, light/sound technicians, costumers, etc.

Seems we are getting at least one show with Singing and Dancing. Since the KD Theater is taken for the 2016 version of the Cirque show, I assume we will see something on the Intl. Street BandStand, the Peanuts Showplace, and/or the Grove Stage.

No clue, at this point, as to which entertainment company will be working with KD for the 2016 non-cirque show(s).

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Although the entertainment page still appears to be unchanged from 2015, there is something mildly suspicious about how All Wheel Sports has mysteriously disappeared from the page...

Could the rumors of All Wheel Sports' demise be true? If so, what could take the show's place? I've read rumors that KD has looked into a pet show for the Peanuts Showplace, but I am sure those rumors hold no water. What do you think?

Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
Nov 1, 2012
Joe said:
Although the entertainment page still appears to be unchanged from 2015, there is something mildly suspicious about how All Wheel Sports has mysteriously disappeared from the page...

Could the rumors of All Wheel Sports' demise be true? If so, what could take the show's place? I've read rumors that KD has looked into a pet show for the Peanuts Showplace, but I am sure those rumors hold no water. What do you think?

Joe, from what I heard on the rumor net was that "All Wheel Sports" was on a 3 year contract for KD. 2015 was supposed to be the 3rd and last year for this show.

When I walked through the area just outside the Peanuts Showplace in late October, where the kids Halloween activities were, I looked over toward the stage and a good chunk of the bike ramps had been dismantled. I feel confident now that AWS is not coming back for 2016.

I heard the rumors about a dog show as well. I think either Worlds of Fun or Valley Fair had this show for 2015. I thought this show was run by a husband and wife team who adopt dogs from animal shelters and train them to perform. At this point, I have no idea if this could be coming to KD in 2016.

As far as show venues go:

Kings Dominion Theater

2nd year of the Cirque show all but confirmed.

Peanuts ShowPlace

This would be the next best venue to use for some type of singing/dancing show(s). Has seating, is shaded, has large stage and a back stage area for changing/resting. Not sure why KD does not use this venue in the late evening hours. It is already wired for lighting and they can always add more theater lighting if needed. Could do one type show during the day and another style show in the late afternoon/early evening (did that with the Grove stage 3 years ago).

International Street Stage

Other than the Peanuts show at 5:00 pm, the stage sat dormant for 2015. Maybe could do the dog show there during the day and/or a singing/dancing production in the evening.

Grove Stage

I guess the park could keep the karaoke show there. Maybe look into having some one act shows there as well (Magician, etc).

As of now, I only know we have the Cirque show for 2016 (and the Clown Band too). We can speculate about everything else entertainment wise for the next 3 months. Usually, the park releases the entertainment offerings on the web site by early March. I'll look around the social media sites during the auditions to see if I can determine who is handling the auditions for 2016.

Jan 16, 2016
https://m.facebook.com/MoonMaxxProductions/?_ft_=top_level_post_id.1133456526666891%3Atl_objid.1133456526666891

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Ooh, great find!

Since MoonMaxx is back at KD for 2016, this could mean at least one of two things. One, that some sort of singing and dancing production is replacing All Wheel Sports in the Peanuts Showplace. Or two, that more live productions will be performed around the park.

Last year, Kings Dominion did not have a park-wide production company. Cirque Imagine was produced by Les Productions Haut-Vol and All Wheel Sports was produced by All Wheels Extreme. The rest of the shows last year were either in-house or corporate produced. I wonder if this has to do with the drop in show quantity.

Although, let's face it, Kings Dominion does not have a stellar reputation for song-and-dance shows, MoonMaxx is the best of the bunch that KD has had. They produced the excellent On Broadway show in 2013, and if they could carry that kind of quality into 2016, then we could be in for a treat.

As a side note, I'd love to see some sort of "international" show on International Street's Grand Bandstand, highlighting the music of various countries. I'm sure it won't happen, but it would sure be better than "Tired Pop Music Show XYZ".

Reactions: UncleDuncan
Nov 1, 2012
MoonMaxx has added several photos of the cast and musicians rehearsing in the KD theater on their Facebook site. I have no idea if Moonmaxx is using the same cast members for the afternoon / early evening show and the nighttime show. They did in the past when they managed the summer shows in 2013. Some of the musicians look like they are also in the Clown Band. Maybe some are doing double duty this season?

Reactions: Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad