Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Looks like the 2015 dining changes at Kings Dominion were just the beginning. It seems Chef Paul and his culinary team are continuing to update the park's food offerings.

Some highlights:

New Park Menus
New Park Menus New menu items for the park were a hit in 2015 and we will continue to expand. Some of our refreshed menu items include fish tacos, park made coleslaw, new and improved grab and go desserts, signature salads throughout the park, more side options such as pasta salads, cucumber tomato salad, caprese salad (in select stands) and a signature burger available at Jukebox Diner along with various new seasonal funnel cake toppings.

NEW Expanded Waterpark Tastings
Kick back at Tidal Wave Bay and enjoy one of our Cabanas that offer some great catering and full service menus or head over to Coastal Coolers to grab a smoothie, refill on your souvenir bottle or enjoy an nice cold beer. Also, not only have we added more delicious menu items to Fonda's and Sharky's Eats but Sharky's has also gotten a whole new look with an air conditioned entrance and an enclosed patio. And of course Oasis Marketplace will still be your easiest access to fresh fruit, healthy snacks and bottled beverages right in the middle of the newly expanded Soak City!

I should clarify that these are indeed new Soak City changes. This isn't leftover text from 2015. Note that Sharky's has been modified to become a walk-in restaurant instead of just a stand.

BBQ and Brew Fest
BBQ and Brew is Back! Be there as our culinary team spice up some amazing BBQ dishes down in Candy Apple Grove for the second year. Also visit the Beer Garden to experience the taste of Virginia's best local craft beers. BBQ & Brew Fest runs Saturdays and Sundays August 6th through August 21st.

Looks like BBQ and Brew Fest is being expanded to include a Beer Garden, which wasn't part of last year's festival.

Link

Joe said:
Looks like the 2015 dining changes at Kings Dominion were just the beginning. It seems Chef Paul and his culinary team are continuing to update the park's food offerings.

Some highlights:

New Park Menus
New Park Menus New menu items for the park were a hit in 2015 and we will continue to expand. Some of our refreshed menu items include fish tacos, park made coleslaw, new and improved grab and go desserts, signature salads throughout the park, more side options such as pasta salads, cucumber tomato salad, caprese salad (in select stands) and a signature burger available at Jukebox Diner along with various new seasonal funnel cake toppings.

NEW Expanded Waterpark Tastings
Kick back at Tidal Wave Bay and enjoy one of our Cabanas that offer some great catering and full service menus or head over to Coastal Coolers to grab a smoothie, refill on your souvenir bottle or enjoy an nice cold beer. Also, not only have we added more delicious menu items to Fonda's and Sharky's Eats but Sharky's has also gotten a whole new look with an air conditioned entrance and an enclosed patio. And of course Oasis Marketplace will still be your easiest access to fresh fruit, healthy snacks and bottled beverages right in the middle of the newly expanded Soak City!

I should clarify that these are indeed new Soak City changes. This isn't leftover text from 2015. Note that Sharky's has been modified to become a walk-in restaurant instead of just a stand.

BBQ and Brew Fest
BBQ and Brew is Back! Be there as our culinary team spice up some amazing BBQ dishes down in Candy Apple Grove for the second year. Also visit the Beer Garden to experience the taste of Virginia's best local craft beers. BBQ & Brew Fest runs Saturdays and Sundays August 6th through August 21st.

Looks like BBQ and Brew Fest is being expanded to include a Beer Garden, which wasn't part of last year's festival.

Link

The food section of the park's web site gets updated in fits and spurts. Especially, from late January to mid-March. I hope they proof-read the park map for food menus before sending it off for printing. Last year they had one glaring error with Wayside Grill's menu. They still had the 2014 burger menu instead of the BBQ items that were served for 2015.

Joe, the BBQ & Brew festival Beer Garden was there last year, It was under the Vine Arbor and immediate surroundings. Especially around the food booths.

Reactions: Mushroom
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the new souvenir bottles will feature Delirium concept art.

kd_allseasonbottle_tktlisting.jpg

Busch Dominion's latest front-page article is up! We take a close look at all of the changes coming to Kings Dominion's culinary department in 2016. While some of the information has already been discussed on the Forum, there's some new material as well. For instance, there's some in-depth information about the Spring Bloom Festival as well as a possible change to Safari Village's restaurant lineup.

Check out the full article here!

If they are closing chicken shack and re-opening as something else, I think it should be a bathroom instead of another pizza joint. That one bathroom by the entrance of Safari Village is way overused. If the chicken shack building has plumbing in it, I say make it a bathroom!

Anyone know why some Cedar Fair parks have so many more options for the season plan?
Is this determined by the state & location it's in, or Cedar Fair?

As often as I go to KD, it more than pays for itself. You should really just look at how often you go and do the math.

I understand that.. Just wondering why there is such a difference from park to park...

Here are a few examples

Ohio cedar park
Price currently 99$
https://www.cedarpoint.com/things-to-do/dining-plans
(Select where can I eat after you hit the link)

Michigan Adventure
Price currently 99$
https://www.miadventure.com/things-to-do/dining-plans

Compair now to Carowinds
Price currently 96$
https://www.carowinds.com/dining/all-dining-locations

And then here is the Kings Dominion season meal plan...

https://www.kingsdominion.com/things-to-do/dining-plans
Price Currently 105$

the quality of much of the food at KD is well above most parks. Chef is AMAZING.

There are some bad spots, Victoria Pizza comes to mind.

I had the season dining last year and it was definitely worth the money. If you eat lunch and dinner at the park using the dining pass you save about $20 per visit. It's nice going to the park without having to worry about carrying extra money for food. Needless to say I have the season dining again for this season.

Zimmy said:
the quality of much of the food at KD is well above most parks.  Chef is AMAZING.

There are some bad spots, Victoria Pizza comes to mind.

Hungry Hippo was horrible the one time I tried it (in May). It may have been improved since my experience but I haven't heard anything so I won't be wasting my dining pass there. The Border Cafe is really good. They let you load up the taco salad with as much toppings as you like.

tigercoaster said:
Subway in Candy Apple Grove is included in the season dining plan this year- any 6 inch sub and chips

Nice to know.. Is there an updated list for the 2016 season of menu options available,for each location on the season dining plan? Can't seem to find it posted on the main KD site.

If someone has a link or knows the options, please post it if you can... thanks

I had a chance to talk with Chef Paul and I have to say I am REALLY impressed and existed about his plans to add more choices and healthier choices to the menu. The new pizzas that he wants to try sound wonderful and will be a nice mix of healthier without losing the taste.

Zachary said:
First off, thanks for taking pictures of the flyer!

Secondly, Wayside and Chicken Shack will be back. We have a lot more information on what's up with KD's culinary coming soon. :)

I'm relieved to hear this. I loved Wayside last year.

tigercoaster said:
Hopefully I did this right, but here is a flyer that I picked up at one of the restaurants listing the restaurants and food.  Wayside Grill is not included this year.
International Street
Border Cafe
Pizza Parlor

Old Virginia
Country Kitchen

Candy Apple Grove
Juke Box Diner
Dinner Bell
Victoria's Pizza
Subway

Safari Village
Hungry Hippo
Outer Hanks

Soak City (Memorial Day thru Labor Day)
Sharkey's
Surfer Joe's

Exactly what I wanted..Thanks!

Where did you get this sheet anyway?

I've always been somewhat underwhelmed by the food at KD. Glad to hear they're working on it. Since we live so close, and have the dining plan, a little additional variety will be nice. There's only so many burritos and chicken tenders I can stand in one summer :)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad