Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 22, 2013
Tampa, FL
www.wdwtourcompany.com
Filed a few days ago, a brand new permit gives us a hint of what's coming - in another year and a half. While there isn't much detail in the public filing with the City of Tampa, the title "PPR 327, 2016 Attraction Tut's Tomb Area" gives us the first clue at least to the new project's location.

A request for comment from the park on this filing has not been answered as of yet.

Attachments

• 2016permit.jpg
    2016permit.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 51

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
It's not like anything BGW has done in the last 6 years has made sense anyways, BGT is a little late to jump on the train.

wombat96

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Well a competitor fan site (BGTBuzz) uploaded these images.
thumb_img_20150211_074520.jpg

thumb_img_20150211_074522.jpg

thumb_img_20150211_074525.jpg

I imagine it will be a Mack since all I heard from Manta was positive thoughts. Although, I still think Tempesto could be a guinea pig ride for greater things to come.

Apr 21, 2010
Maybe I'm seeing something wrong but judging off of the footers this thing is inverted.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
I'm not sure why Tempesto would be considered a guinea pig ride. If anything Manta is the guinea pig considering what they had to do with height restrictions, digging, environmental impact, and all that jazz. San Diego is nuts, and Mack had no problem building a good coaster for them.

Nov 18, 2013
Naples, FL
bgtbuzz.blogspot.com
Connor said:
Well a competitor fan site (BGTBuzz) uploaded these images.
thumb_img_20150211_074520.jpg

thumb_img_20150211_074522.jpg

thumb_img_20150211_074525.jpg

I imagine it will be a Mack since all I heard from Manta was positive thoughts. Although, I still think Tempesto could be a guinea pig ride for greater things to come.

You're in the ball park with Mack, but I'm not too sure about a Manta clone. This is what I've been hearing from my sources ;)

wombat96

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
I loved Tony Hawks Big Spin when I was at SFOT so I imagine a themed Mack version would slide nicely into the line up. Just saying, something like that would fit perfectly in Festhaus Park up here at BGW. :p Fingers crossed this project will be a success.

Reactions: Viktor
Nov 18, 2013
Naples, FL
bgtbuzz.blogspot.com
I recently came across some footage I shot inside the former Tut's Tomb walkthrough attraction at BGT. Tut's Tomb closed back a few years ago, but I strangely didn't come across this footage until now...

As you all know, the 2016 Attraction at BGT will take the place of this former attraction, so I'm interested in hearing some of your thoughts now that you've seen the interior of this building.

And yes, I apologize for the horrendous videography skills. This was before the days of my interest in photography, videography, DSLR's, nice gear, etc... ;)

Reactions: Jonathan S
Aug 31, 2013
Gainesville, FL
Viktor said:
I recently came across some footage I shot inside the former Tut's Tomb walkthrough attraction at BGT. Tut's Tomb closed back a few years ago, but I strangely didn't come across this footage until now...

As you all know, the 2016 Attraction at BGT will take the place of this former attraction, so I'm interested in hearing some of your thoughts now that you've seen the interior of this building.

And yes, I apologize for the horrendous videography skills. This was before the days of my interest in photography, videography, DSLR's, nice gear, etc... ;)

I think with the expansion it would be a perfect temple expedition!

With the "Egypt" theme they can do so much more with the concept of "Pharaoh's tomb".

Nov 18, 2013
Naples, FL
bgtbuzz.blogspot.com
Hot off the press, one of my sources just came across a new rumor.

Apparently, BGT is considering keeping Tut's Tomb in its entirety and utilizing it as part of a themed queue area that will lead to this new attraction.  

With this new rumor, it's looking plausible that this attraction may be getting some sort of ancient Egyptian theme...

Aug 31, 2013
Gainesville, FL
Viktor said:
Hot off the press, one of my sources just came across a new rumor.

Apparently, BGT is considering keeping Tut's Tomb in its entirety and utilizing it as part of a themed queue area that will lead to this new attraction.  

With this new rumor, it's looking plausible that this attraction may be getting some sort of ancient Egyptian theme...

That sounds awesome!!! Kinda like Montu's Egyptian queue with more elements!

Thanks for the finding Viktor!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad