Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,079
250
I just wanted to say, compared to Busch Gardens, Kings Dominion's schedule looks so much more complex with the various opening times and closing times. I much enjoy the simple open at 10am daily. It is by far simpler to remember the schedule for me.

However, I also wanted to say the same as Nicole. I couldn't find anywhere where Kings Dominion gave credit to Busch Gardens for the idea of Preview Day?
 

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
2,594
5,108
250
Richmond
Complex schedule o_O (imagine the difficulties for the colorblind)

I was being serious/sincere Zachary. However, I was reading the flipping KDfans article! It has an operating schedule embedded in it and when I was finished looking at it my brain convinced itself that I was reading a KD email. Sorry. I (accidentally) fooled you guys ey? :)
 

Luke

Pusheen Gardens
Jul 20, 2011
1,995
8,010
260
Williamsburg, VA
Yaaay Kings Dominion (don't tell Busch Gardens)

[instagram=http://instagram.com/p/yLiSfGsG4F/]
[instagram=http://instagram.com/p/yLh60eMG3c/]
[instagram=http://instagram.com/p/yLh2E-MG3U/]
 
  • Like
Reactions: John
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,079
250
Applesauce said:
Uhhh, unless Zachary is now Nicole, I think you got your admin's mixed.

I'm sorry, Zachary doesn't post much so when I see a green username post and I immediately think it's Nicole.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nicole

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
6,177
18,402
250
Party Rocker said:
I just wanted to say, compared to Busch Gardens, Kings Dominion's schedule looks so much more complex with the various opening times and closing times. I much enjoy the simple open at 10am daily. It is by far simpler to remember the schedule for me.

I don't know, PR. For the vast majority of the season, KD opens at 10:30, and the other opening times occur on a fairly simple pattern. Whereas BGW is still operating with those annoying staggered opening times by hamlet, which is something to consider.
 

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
6,177
18,402
250
Here's something noteworthy I just noticed.

During the Haunt season, the park will be opening at 10:30 on Saturday and Sunday. This is a change from past years, as the park would not open until noon on Sunday during the fall season.
 

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
5,875
8,562
250
Virginia Beach
It seems to me that KD has actually done some research and knows its trends. Something BGW could take a note about. They understand that being open when the park is empty costs them, and is bad business. It does not seem like a very big deal to read a schedule to me.
 
Dec 23, 2011
7,132
5,079
250
Joe said:
I don't know, PR. For the vast majority of the season, KD opens at 10:30, and the other opening times occur on a fairly simple pattern. Whereas BGW is still operating with those annoying staggered opening times by hamlet, which is something to consider.

I actually didn't think to consider the staggered openings, that is something I will have to think about.

Zimmy said:
It seems to me that KD has actually done some research and knows its trends.  Something BGW could take a note about.  They understand that being open when the park is empty costs them, and is bad business.  It does not seem like a very big deal to read a schedule to me.

True, but most of the time when Busch Gardens opens there is a large rush of people that really doesn't start to calm down until after noon. So as far as the openings go, I think keeping a constant 10am opening is very fine. However, as far as closing times go, they could make some adjustments and improvements.

It's not that it's a big deal to read a schedule, I was just saying at first glance, Kings Dominions just seems more complex than Busch Gardens schedule. Thats mot necessarily a bad thing either.
 
Feb 9, 2013
4,643
6,476
250
IIRC, I was very annoyed with KD opening times when I visited this summer. I got to the toll booths about 30 mins early, and wasn't allowed in until 15 mins before 10:30. I had to then wait at the gate until 10:30, and then until 11:00 roaming around International Street, until the rest of the park opened. This shaved off a lot of time I had planned on doing something else.

This is not to say I don't like reading a calendar to find out the opening times, I just don't think you can argue BG's staggered hamlet openings as a disadvantage to KD, as even with those the tolls and most front hamlets open way before 10:00 and really all the hamlets are typically open by 11:00. And by 10:00 there are hamlets open with multiple attractions to choose from. Whereas I was waiting thirty minutes after opening to ride something other than the Eiffel Tower at KD.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Party Rocker

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
2,594
5,108
250
Richmond
Matthew said:
Whereas I was waiting thirty minutes after opening to ride something other than the Eiffel Tower at KD.
Your fancy new season pass will get you past the Eiffel tower for ERT this season Matthew ;)
 

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
11,140
29,630
260
Arlington, VA
ERT is something that KD does need to improve. We didn't actually get into the park until after is was supposed to start both times we tried it. I think we only had 15 minutes of ERT the first time, in fact.

Edit: For clarity, we were there long before the ERT should have started; they were just very late getting going.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MAZ

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
2,594
5,108
250
Richmond
I did it once last year and it served its function properly. Just like everything else though, I'm sure they get lazy with it and slack off here and there.
 

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
2,594
5,108
250
Richmond
'Richmond Flying Squirrels' ticket plan holders(any pre-season ticket purchasers) will gain free parking and free admission to KD on opening day March 29th.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mushroom
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad