Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2014
I saw checking out the website today and noticed some ways to find out the general schedule of days their open. I was browsing tour reservations dates. Based on those the park opens March 27th and I'd think pass holder preview day is the saturday before.

It also looks like they will be open daily starting opening day for two weeks and then go back to weekends until May 22 then they go daily for the summer. Then August 31 they go back to weekends and September 7 is the last day of the summer season and then September 12 and 13 look like pass holder appreciation weekend and Howl-o-Scream starts the 18th of September.

Also the 2015 single day tickets say they expire October 31 and the park opens March 27 and the fun card says its good until September 7.

Not sure how true all this is but everything seems to follow the same unofficial rules like other years before.

I believe he said he was making these assumptions off of looking at the available reservation days for different tours. If you go to buy a tour, click on the available dates.

I was trying to find this info out for myself and basically had to use the same methods. It is amazing to me that it is so hard to find out when they are open for the season. I get it is only January and their marketing department is pretty much gone but seriously? Is it really too hard to have something on the main page that says "Closed for the Season, Park will reopen March 22nd"? People are going to start booking for Spring Break and it will be helpful to know when they are even open....

For what it us worth, we started looking for the 2015 hours at the Florida parks last November, and neither the SEAS nor the Universal parks had anything posted. Legoland and Fun Spot did.

Since we were trying to plan around crowds, especially Universal's Mardi Gras, it was super annoying.

My point is that I don't think it is terribly unusual.

Pass Holder Preview day is inevitable to occur on March 21st, although Luke is still holding out hope it's the week earlier. But to me, I think someone needs to set-back their countdown...

Reactions: Luke
Matthew said:
Pass Holder Preview day is inevitable to occur on March 21st, although Luke is still holding out hope it's the week earlier. But to me, I think someone needs to set-back their countdown...
Someone needs to go.....

Reactions: GeoUSA and Sky
tumblr_lvglvqpJmG1qzgpx9.gif

What exactly is passholder preview day? Im new to area and just started going to bgw last year but I have season pass for this year.

Park hours have been fully updated. A few notes

- Summer hours are cut. Instead of closing at 10 during peak, the park closes at 9 now.
- HOS is pushed back a weekend. Park will be closing at 6 for two weekends in September again.
- Park is extending Friday hours in October to 11PM the last few weekends of the month. Not sure if its necessary though because the park doesn't really get that crowded Friday nights. Not even on the last weekends.

Crowd calendar is pretty much done and will be posted later today. Keep your eyes peeled.

I'm actually pleased with their decision to do 9:00 PM closings on weekdays during peak-time. Especially without a summer event, it seems like a waste of money to stay open that extra hour. It could potentially save them a lot of money. Plus they're staying open until 10:00 PM on weekends still. I do like this decision.

I'm pretty annoyed by the sudden cutting of peak hours, however I do understand the justification for doing so. By cutting budgeted hours you cut costs (however an extra hour could mean added profits, but I digress). The portion of this that annoys me however, is the complete 180 that the park has taken in five years. The entire reasoning behind IllumiNights was to give guests a reason to stay in the park past the dinner-time shows. Now it seems they want people out.

Just seems so strange.

Reactions: Zachary
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad