Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 6, 2013
It seems as if 2015 was a step in the right direction for BGW. Howl o scream was the most creative it has been for years and christmastown seemed to be a massive hit this year. Does anyone know how the park did for attendance this year? Obviously there are no figures, but did it seem more crowded than the past few years? If the numbers are on the rise does anyone see the park gaining momentum to possibly get back to where they were headed a few years back?  From what I saw it seems as if the park is refocusing on what makes it unique while still trying to add new ways of gaining revenue.

The last few earnings reports have seemed to suggest that BGW is back in an upswing again. I think main season 2016 is going to be incredibly interesting to watch attendance-wise. Last year's apparent main season boost can be blamed on Tempesto by rebound naysayers, but if last year's momentum continues to push the park upwards in the Spring and Summer of 2016, I think we'll have fairly strong evidence to say something really positive has happened since 2014 and, more importantly, that the general audience is responding very well to whatever that is.

Capacity comes to my mind immediately. During the regular season it may not be such an issue, but the park will need to rely on "people eaters" like shows and/or walkthrough attractions. Anything to let me see the pavement in front of me should do the trick.

Reactions: MAZ
Zachary said:
The last few earnings reports have seemed to suggest that BGW is back in an upswing again. I think main season 2016 is going to be incredibly interesting to watch attendance-wise. Last year's apparent main season boost can be blamed on Tempesto by rebound naysayers, but if last year's momentum continues to push the park upwards in the Spring and Summer of 2016, I think we'll have fairly strong evidence to say something really positive has happened since 2014 and, more importantly, that the general audience is responding very well to whatever that is.

I don't think that it is entirely correct to give Tempesto all the credit/Blain for the increase. From living in town and being at the part allot I saw it more full all throughout the season even before Tempesto was up and running. I would also ads that I saw simular things at CW, WCUSA, Go Carta plus Jamestown, and Yorktown. I really think a lot of it was a high tide raising all boats.I think that it should be another good yeareven if its not quite as good as last year.

I did observe larger crowds in Florida over the holidays. I go down there a coupe of times a year, and all of the parks seemed more crowded than usual. I wonder if the industry as a whole is rebounding.

Reactions: Unagi and tursiops
I'm trying to imagine how packed it would be if they added a travel worthy coaster such as Fury or A custom RMC. If the overflow lots are already filling, imagine what one of these would do to the park!

MAZ said:
I'm trying to imagine how packed it would be if they added a travel worthy coaster such as Fury or A custom RMC. If the overflow lots are already filling, imagine what one of these would do to the park!

Shame it will be years before the park considers an attraction the level of Fury.

Reactions: Mushroom
Nicole said:
I did observe larger crowds in Florida over the holidays.  I go down there a coupe of times a year, and all of the parks seemed more crowded than usual.  I wonder if the industry as a whole is rebounding.

Orlando set an attendance record in 2014.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/tourism-central-florida-blog/os-orlando-visitation-record-2014-20150409-post.html

And it looks like it will be broken for 2015.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-florida-orlando-tourists-2015-20150819-post.html

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad