Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 7, 2012
Any rumors of new souvenir cups for this year?  Are the old ones still $1.29 refills?  Is the Lochness cup that came out last year still 99 cent refill?

Dec 23, 2011
BGWScream said:
Any rumors of new souvenir cups for this year?  Are the old ones still $1.29 refills?  Is the Lochness cup that came out last year still 99 cent refill?

The London Rocks! cup is the new one this year. I bought two of them already. All refills are $1.29 except for the London Rocks! cup which is $0.99.

Reactions: ce23693
Jan 7, 2014
Centreville, VA
also I made the mistake of putting the cup in the washing machine. Don't, it will shrink the cup to half it's size and completely remove the label from the cup. Now I need to buy another one. Also does anybody know if you can exchange the cup for a new one?

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond
The London Rocks cup has 'Busch Gardens' quite largely molded into the plastic. (mine does at least)

Aug 14, 2010
Mazakman said:
The London Rocks cup has 'Busch Gardens' quite largely molded into the plastic. (mine does at least)

Good thought, but the physical change (shrinking) of the cup could also render the text missing or unreadable. If it didn't do this he could have a chance at exchanging it.

Jan 7, 2014
Centreville, VA
Peter R. said:
Mazakman said:

Good thought, but the physical change (shrinking) of the cup could also render the text missing or unreadable. If it didn't do this he could have a chance at exchanging it.

Actually the text printed on the cup shrank and contracted with the cup so the bgw logos are still visible just smaller. next time i am in the park i will see if i can get an exchange. I have to find the receipt though... Thanks for the suggestions guys. I still have my HOS cup so if worse comes to worse i just have to pay a little more for refills.

Reactions: MAZ
Aug 14, 2010
mjm1ahoney3 said:
Actually the text printed on the cup shrank and contracted with the cup so the bgw logos are still visible just smaller. next time i am in the park i will see if i can get an exchange. I have to find the receipt though... Thanks for the suggestions guys. I still have my HOS cup so if worse comes to worse i just have to pay a little more for refills.

Glad I was wrong! You have a chance!

Reactions: mjm1ahoney3
Aug 31, 2012
Harrisonburg, VA
mjm1ahoney3 said:
Peter R. said:
Mazakman said:

unless this year is different from past years most places charge the $.99 regardless of which cup you refill. My trip this year only drank water so not sure if price difference really being enforced this year.

Dec 23, 2011
VACoasterFan said:
unless this year is different from past years most places charge the $.99 regardless of which cup you refill. My trip this year only  drank water so not sure if price difference really being enforced this year.

This year is the same as last year, refills are $1.29 for any cup other than the new cup which is $0.99 refills. In order to get the $0.99 refills, the cashier has to scan the barcode on the new cup. If they don't, you will end up paying the $1.29 for refills.

I have never run into anyone charging less than the $1.29 for just any cup. In fact, I mainly have had issues where I get over charged because I should get the $0.99 refills; however, they forget to scan the barcode on my cup and I end up paying more.

Aug 31, 2012
Harrisonburg, VA
^
We have a set of the tall green Mach Tower cups. The next season after we got them we usually always got the 99 cent price. I'm assuming the barcode scanner pricing is new. Previously it seemed like just different button selections on the screen.

Dec 23, 2011
The $1.29 refills started in 2013, if you got yours the year Mach Tower opened in 2011, then when you used then in 2012 all refills were still $0.99

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad