Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2012
From Kings Dominion's Facebook. Entry from around 6:30pm this evening 9/11/13:

Over the years at Kings Dominion, several popular rides, shows and more have come and gone. So answer this...

My favorite past attraction at Kings Dominion was _______.

Stay tuned for an exciting announcement tomorrow afternoon at 2pm right here on our Facebook page!

Sounds like something from the past is making a comeback. A flat ride and/or a show?

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Either a ride is leaving, or an old ride is coming back.

(El Dor-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahdo)

Nov 1, 2012
Well, they did not limit it to just rides, it might be a show or some other type of attraction.

If it is in the ride category, I would not expect a major ride (i.e. a coaster).

Maybe a new version of a former flat ride? Let's see; a Monster/Spider ride, an Enterprise flat (not sure if those are still manufactured). A sky-ride or steam train could be a possibility on the upper end of things.

The park has been doing quite a bit of flashback stuff this year on their Facebook site. Wonder if they were gathering feedback to determine what to add for 2014.

I would like to see 2-3 former flat rides return; either spread throughout the park or maybe grouped together in a specific area.

A true show amphitheater to replace the Grove stage would be wonderful. One can dream.

Nov 1, 2012
jmu2011 said:

After posting my thoughts, I saw the one word you used and got to thinking about other fan site comments concerning Cedar Fair parks and trains. I believe that Cedar Fair has added steam trains to two of the legacy parks they owned. I don't recall names of the 2 parks. And I don't know if the steam trains added were replacements for previous versions in those parks or if they were new attractions for the first time. I'll do some research

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
mwhinva said:
jmu2011 said:

After posting my thoughts, I saw the one word you used and got to thinking about other fan site comments concerning Cedar Fair parks and trains. I believe that Cedar Fair has added steam trains to two of the legacy parks they owned. I don't recall names of the 2 parks. And I don't know if the steam trains added were replacements for previous versions in those parks or if they were new attractions for the first time. I'll do some research
Dorney Park has two trains, the legendary-to-the-park Zephyr train (don't believe that was added by Cedar Fair), and the Cedar Creek Cannonball, a more modern scale replica steam train that circles their Thunder Canyon rapids ride. This one seems more typical of Cedar Fair, but I liked it a lot. I kept thinking, "Man, I would love it if Kings Dominion got something like this!"

Nov 1, 2012
Evan said:
First off thanks for posting this as I fell asleep! But I think it's going to be the long rumored fountains.

Based on the way the annoucement was written, I think the park is getting something that operated at the park in the past and does not currently exist there now.

The fountain makeover has been in the running since early this year when Cedar Fair CEO Matt Quimet mentioned it in a video interview this past winter. Canada's Wonderland got a fountain makeover this year and he said Kings Island and Kings Dominion would receive it for 2014.

At a minimum, I could see a current version of a former flat ride return. Going from there, I could see 2-3 former flat rides return, either spread out throughout the park or grouped together in one area. Finally, on the upper end of things, we could see the return of the train or sky-ride cable cars.

Again, I don't see 2014 as being a major attraction. (Given the late annoucement and it coming just on facebook). I'll go with the return of a former flat ride for now.

Nov 1, 2012
Shane said:
I don't imagine that they gave a time they would be making the announcement.

See the last sentence in the first entry on this thread. Should be around 2pm today on Kings Dominion Facebook site.

Reactions: Planeteer

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
homer-simpson-doh.gif

Reactions: Planeteer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad