Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 17, 2010
OK, so it seems that the rumors for Oktoberfest in the park have been exploding over the last year and beyond. Mach Tower, 2012 coaster, possible 2014 coaster, etc. Well, it looks like there's more.

This from Screamscape today:

- Oktoberfest Revamp: Phase 3 - Rumor - (1/18/11) So far many of the old redevelopment rumors concerning a multi-phase build up / renovation have been coming true, though instead of building a new “country” they seem focused on rebuilding the park’s existing Oktoberfest section. We’ll see the first phase open in 2011 with Mach Tower, followed by the new coaster in 2012. It seems there is a third phase set for 2013 and according to the latest rumors it may be focused on revamping the Festhaus. I’ve no idea if anything other than the Festhaus will be touched upon for the 2013 season yet, or if they are ready to finally expand back into the former Drachen Fire location or not. Stay tuned!

So, that leaves a little to talk about. I find it dubious that the DF site gets touched. To be honest, with the way things look for the revamp of Oktoberfest moving forward, I'm not sure I want the Festhaus getting touched.

This could, of course, all be talk. What do we think?

Reactions: GBFC
HOLY!!!! With all this money they'll be spending they better not let Illuminights, Howl-O-Scream, Christmas Town, Summer Concerts, and the rest of he park go to waste!!!! I have a feeling that's why there were no new haunted houses last year.

It really seems like a whirlwind of rumors for one area of the park. If we take all of this into account, this would make three straight years of revamping/park additions to just one section of the park. I can't recall a time when BGW did something in the whole park for three years straight. Plus, if we wonder about this mysterious 2014 coaster, that's four years. I can't imagine that all of this could be any more than just rumor. 2011 and 2012 have been confirmed, so I'm thinking either 2013 or 2014 has to be false.

I see this being a bit more feasible than the 2014 coaster. I really doubt they would build 2 coasters 2 years apart. The first coaster would still be marketable when they would build the second. But further expanding or revamping oktoberfest is alot more believable. They could market all these new additions for a few years to bring in new crowds.
edit: unless one of these coasters is an "entry level" coaster and the other is something "revolutionary" i may see the dual coaster thing possible. A coaster to replace what bbw was and another to be the top coaster is plausible in my book

Yeah, I would agree. I don't think it was the best move for the park to build two world-class coasters two years apart like they did with Alpengeist and Apollo's Chariot. Had they waited a year or two, they may have gotten more publicity out of Alpengeist; that being said, it didn't hurt the park, either. Those two rides are possibly the two most popular coasters at the park, so it is feasible that the two coaster addition could happen. It also seems that this first coaster will not be an attraction as big as those two rides. It just seems like we have to take these rumors with a grain of salt. The way I see it, based on the economy and the history of park additions, it seems unlikely that the park would do major work four years in a row.

I said new coast built FOR/DURING 2014 so depending on how you look at it, it's either the same year as this, or three years after 2012. It's all in the details...

Whatever they do, THEY BETTER NOT TOUCH THE FESTHAUS!

I'm still recovering from that Illuminights Coocoo clock gimmick.

I was thinking about this forum while reading the Project 2012 forum. Since this new coaster is going to be super themed, maybe the park is going to put more theming into some of the rides like Griffon, DarKastle, and AC so the rides are themed equally.

ALMS7TH said:
I was thinking about this forum while reading the Project 2012 forum. Since this new coaster is going to be super themed, maybe the park is going to put more theming into some of the rides like Griffon, DarKastle, and AC so the rides are themed equally.

Eh, I don't think that's likely. With the coasters so highly ranked too many people would cry foul over touching their beloved coasters. Also, I don't really think that's needed. This ride offers a different experience from the other coasters. Keep the purists happy while still offering a highly themed experience.

Though, I will say, it's like Busch HATES DarKastle. I would love to see that ride get some love. It's one of my favorites in the park and really needs some TLC. Has the park ever offered any explanation as to why they took out so much of the theming?

CarterGee said:
ALMS7TH said:

Eh, I don't think that's likely. With the coasters so highly ranked too many people would cry foul over touching their beloved coasters. Also, I don't really think that's needed. This ride offers a different experience from the other coasters. Keep the purists happy while still offering a highly themed experience.

Though, I will say, it's like Busch HATES DarKastle. I would love to see that ride get some love. It's one of my favorites in the park and really needs some TLC. Has the park ever offered any explanation as to why they took out so much of the theming?

I dont even know what was removed.

ALMS7TH said:
CarterGee said:
ALMS7TH said:

I dont even know what was removed.

It use to be that a certain number of people were allowed in one area to watch the movie and then were entered in to the ride line. Also some things were taking out of the movie itself and replaced with others. (Can't remember what parts were taking out and replaced) I guess they stopped doing the grouping thing because it was taking too long. Who knows....

The area where you spin around in the dark right after the fireplace...yeah there used to be part of the movie in there

Gropplo said:
The area where you spin around in the dark right after the fireplace...yeah there used to be part of the movie in there

I never knew that. Always was just spinning in blackness for me...even the opening year.

Yeah it wasnt kept in there very long at all...oh and of course, the fireplace used to have smoke blowing and it looked like fire...that was my favorite effect

The movie where you follow along the trail of his mother used to be a ballroom scene with skeletons. Don't know why it changed.

I have a POV of both the original pre-show and ride, but I don't remember where I got them or who took them. The ride was much better back then.

Here's a combination of the 2012 & 2013 threads. This image may not mean anything at all, or it may mean a rename of Festhaus Park or modification. You'll see it's referred to as Drachen Fire Amphitheater on the site plan.

Attachments

• 41.png
    41.png
    221.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 42.png
    42.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Coasterfan76
Chris said:
Again, could be something, could be nothing. Does anyone else have any insight into how close the path layout in the site plan is to the current configuration? I can't visualize the current path and the path at the bottom of the screen certainly looks a lot like a sunken amphitheater.

The plan looks a lot different then the current way Festhaus Park is laid out. But it's hard to tell considering the picture is closely zoomed in and doesn't show all that much. What I do see (barely) is contour lines that look like they're referring to a hill that isn't there at the moment.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad