Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I wonder if they'll replace it with a 4D Free Spin đź‘Ť
I think the updated SurfRider fits the plot of land perfectly.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think the updated SurfRider fits the plot of land perfectly.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Am I mistaken or does that have a capacity of only 16 riders? That doesn’t seem like something CP would put in. Dropping the capacity in half compared to Wicked Twister

Considering WT always seemed to rarely have extensive lines anyways, I doubt capacity would be much of an issue.

Bigger question would be about sand blowing in from the beach vs. ride systems and if they'd remove any of the smaller flats in the area to provide a bigger area for other attractions.

Considering WT always seemed to rarely have extensive lines anyways, I doubt capacity would be much of an issue.

Bigger question would be about sand blowing in from the beach vs. ride systems and if they'd remove any of the smaller flats in the area to provide a bigger area for other attractions.

There's already a ton of space available since they've gotten rid of the stadium right beside Wicked Twister. It's big enough to comfortably swallow a Smiler clone or Boardwalk Bullet without a problem.

Also the Intamin Surf Coasters supposedly will have a dual train loading feature similar to what Mack offers with their Super Splash.

My impression from having ridden it a few times is that the short lines reflect the quality of the ride experience, not the throughput. I really hope we don’t get it.

Reactions: warfelg
This is my personal wish for the spot, especially since high ups at Cedar Point have said multiple times they'd like a boardwalk atmosphere in that area of the park.
Area wise including the old stadium is about the same area as to what InvadR took up. Yea, for Cedar Point that sounds like a massive let down, but that's a great addition for them. If they go onto the beach and wrap around itself a bit they could do something with a 120' height. I'm thinking lift and twisting drop where Wicked Twister is, helix turn at the old stadium, out back to the drop, low helix onto the beach and over the water, back up to the beach and one last turn around at the old stadium and back to the station.

My friends full on guess is they take Windseeker out and build a full on pier into the lake and put some flats and an arcade in there. I suggested an actual boardwalk to Hotel Breakers that can become a 'back' gate with some extra flats in the area that can be early access for Hotel guests.

My impression from having ridden it a few times is that the short lines reflect the quality of the ride experience, not the throughput. I really hope we don’t get it.

I guess we have different impressions of the same ride. Back row is the magic spot but I've had good rides on most rows. Why do you believe it's a poor experience?

I did notice that that area of the park seems to not be all that crowded in general even with 2 coasters and a bunch of flats. My guess is that most people are really coming for the coasters on the other end of the peninsula... Which is a bit of a hike from there and one few people will take except for hitting rides on the way in or way out.

It is rough. The track shakes. The restraints are uncomfortable and are known to be particularly unaccommodating. The ride is short and repetitive. There is only one train. To me, it is even more like a flat than Tempesto.

Reactions: Logang and warfelg
It is rough. The track shakes. The restraints are uncomfortable and are known to be particularly unaccommodating. The ride is short and repetitive. There is only one train. To me, it is even more like a flat than Tempesto.

I'll agree to disagree though it has been a few years so if your experience is much more recent then maybe it has gotten rough since then.

At least it uses regular OTSRs and aren't fricken comfort collars...

Not sad to see Wicked Twister go at all.

I tend to agree with @b.mac that it's reasonably likely that this could be the end of the line for this thing. I imagine maintenance costs are high, ridership is low, marketability is low, etc. Sure it could find a home in a particularly minor park, but even then it may just be more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicole
Never explicitly stated it in this thread but yeah I have high doubts Wicked Twister will be finding a new home.

Its rumored relocation to CGA isn't guaranteed anymore since CGA's property had been bought in 2019 and therefore broke the multi-year development agreement Cedar Fair had for leasing the property.

Reactions: Nicole
I never rode it (haven’t been to CP since well before it was added), but I have friends who have and enjoyed it. I might try to make a trip to CP and give it a shot.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad