Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
7,483
18,262
113
#1
As we learned from a recent BGW Facebook post, they plan to unveil a new membership program in 2018 to replace the current annual pass system.

Based on the questions in the recent survey on ticket prices and structures sent to several pass holders, we have pulled together a main page post on some of the perks and options that could be available under the new system.

Once we have hard data, we will post it, as well.
 
Aug 31, 2012
222
278
63
#2
While leaving the park on Friday the 22nd they were pulling people for surveys at random. I wasn't selected but I think If I heard correctly the staff member saying it was related to Pass Holder benefits and possible future programs so I think some of the surveying is ongoing at least in the park. Maybe someone who has been selected for one of these can provide some more information.

I am assuming A survey Kiosk was setup somewhere in the area near package pickup. The staff member was taking the person taking the survey in that general direction.

Just my thoughts.
 

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
990
2,229
93
#3
VACoasterFan said:
While leaving the park on Friday the 22nd they were pulling people for surveys at random. I wasn't selected but I think If I heard correctly the staff member saying it was related to Pass Holder benefits and possible future programs so I think some of the surveying is ongoing at least in the park. Maybe someone who has been selected for one of these can provide some more information.

I am assuming A survey Kiosk was setup somewhere in the area near package pickup. The staff member was taking the person taking the survey in that general direction.

Just my thoughts.
They do the surveys in a little room right by the near the height check booths. I was not selected for thus one but have done them several times in the pass. They seem to just choose guest to ask at random as the are leaving.
 
Apr 16, 2017
238
471
63
#5
It might be worth noting that the Fun Card has been around for years, just renamed. It was originally the Bronze Pass. It is the lowest of the low level passes.
 
Likes: jornor
Sep 29, 2009
2,632
6,895
113
#6
They could offer me some incentive to come back to Water Country such as not having to pay for their lockers the second time. I think they used to do that for all pass members. Now they have something where members (maybe only Platinum) can go to a remote gift shop to get a discount. It's very poorly placed, which I'm sure is deliberate. WCUSA has not been worth the hassle for me this year, unfortunately.
 
Aug 31, 2012
222
278
63
#8
BenWilkerson said:
What I'm interested in is how it's going to affect pass members who have their prices locked in. I asked Guest Services last time I was in the park and they said they would ask their supervisor but when I was headed out they had already closed.
I can tell you this,

When making some modifications to our passes for phasing out some of our older kids who weren't interested in keeping there passes.

When adding on one of our newly Adopted Daughters we were allowed to keep the grandfathered rate for the new pass if we paid for one month at the "new" rate up front then A manager adjusted the rate to the grandfathered rate after I paid our one month in advance so they have some leverage in keeping people where they are at.

I don't know if they will still have this option if people call complaining about the new rate structure whatever it is but at least several months ago they could manually drop your pass rate to whatever you are locked into when adding or transferring passes with manager approval.

Just my thoughts
 
Feb 11, 2016
136
143
43
#9
VACoasterFan said:
BenWilkerson said:
What I'm interested in is how it's going to affect pass members who have their prices locked in. I asked Guest Services last time I was in the park and they said they would ask their supervisor but when I was headed out they had already closed.
I can tell you this,

When making some modifications to our passes for phasing out some of our older kids who weren't interested in keeping there passes.

When adding on one of our newly Adopted Daughters we were allowed to keep the grandfathered rate for the new pass if we paid for one month at the "new" rate up front then A manager adjusted the rate to the grandfathered rate after I paid our one month in advance so they have some leverage in keeping people where they are at.

I don't know if they will still have this option if people call complaining about the new rate structure whatever it is but at least several months ago they could manually drop your pass rate to whatever you are locked into when adding or transferring passes with manager approval.

Just my thoughts
I currently pay like 7 or 8 a month for mine and the passes that they're selling right now(not the new ones) are at 16 a month. Only time will tell.
 
Likes: jornor
Aug 22, 2016
45
88
18
#12
I noticed the same old passes had popped up for sale on their site. I also saw a reply from BG on one of their recent Facebook posts that new membership plans were coming in a few weeks. So I guess the question is do you renew now or wait until the (possible) new roll-out? Just curious what other people are doing.
 
Likes: jornor

Zachary

Royal Mango Créme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
10,461
21,838
113
#13
The launch of the long-rumored membership program is imminent. Expect the discontinuation of the current passes and a price hike on roughly equivalent membership products to accompany its launch.

In other words, if you don't care about having all the latest membership perks, it may be worth grabbing one of the current "old" passes now to avoid the price hike. If you want to go that route, do it now.
 
Mar 16, 2016
1,330
2,721
113
#15
Zachary said:
The launch of the long-rumored membership program is imminent. Expect the discontinuation of the current passes and a price hike on roughly equivalent membership products to accompany its launch.

In other words, if you don't care about having all the latest membership perks, it may be worth grabbing one of the current "old" passes now to avoid the price hike. If you want to go that route, do it now.
I'm one of the ones that liked the sound of it, so I'll be making the switch and waiting.

I like that they delayed though and gave the chance for the people that still wanted the previous style passes.
 

Zachary

Royal Mango Créme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
10,461
21,838
113
#17
It is my understanding that SEAS will... encourage... people with old-style season passes to upgrade to the membership program. Whether that encouragement involves more carrot or stick, I don't yet know.
 
Apr 16, 2017
238
471
63
#19
All current passes on EZ Pay should stay the same, pricing and all until you hit 5 years from the time you started EZ Pay, it's in the fine print.

After that, they will likely have you switch over to a new plan.

Passes paid in full will probably just expire when they are supposed to and force you to a new plan.
 

phurst

Silver Donor
Mar 16, 2016
170
411
63
#20
I have no idea how long I've been on EZ Pay. It's gotta be close to 5 years if not more by now.

I suspect even without the upcoming changes that this will be our last year as BG pass holders. Our kids are older and more independent, and last November was probably our last Thanksgiving in Orlando, so it just doesn't make sense to hang on to 4 platinum passes (or whatever the equivalent "Membership" is). As long as we can make it through this season without any forced changes, I'll be happy.
 
Likes: jornor
Login or Register to Hide This Ad