ParkFans Logo

Gamers

08/16/10 at 09:37pm in Gamers (Latest Edit: 06/22/15 at 11:52am by Zachary.)
Mod Edit: BGWFans Steam Group

I'm bored, and as the subject states, what games, if any, do you all play?

MMOs, FPSs, RTSs, music games, strategy, simulation, action, adventure, etc..?

Myself, I've played most every MMO since back in the "MUD" days on the local BBSs. If you have to ask what a MUD or BBS is, hit up Google young one. Smiling I like simulation games and role-playing games. I have all the music games (and their instrument counterparts), and just got done with Starcraft II.

So yes, I dabble in a lot of here and there in terms of gaming. Right now, I'm bored out of my gourd and looking for something to do with friends or something to put me to sleep cause this is going to be a loooooooooong week.

So, again I ask, what are you guys in to? Keep me occupied, dang it. Smiling

Note: Facebook games do not count as anything 'entertainment' and I'll set fire to this joint if anybody mentions them. Grinning

"Sometimes you just have to give up all of the things that make you special and just be like everyone else: a looser." -Swiftman

~~~ Imaginary President of the Dunning–Kruger Effect Organization ~~~
08/16/10 at 09:49pm in Gamers
I've softmodded my Wii so I can download and play games right off of a usb hard drive, so I play loads of different stuff (since it's all freeGrinning). Right now I'm kind of hooked on Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility. Broken Sword is totally awesome too. I installed a SCUMMVM application on Homebrew so I could play all of the Broken Sword games that were only released for PC's on the Wii. And I've completely destroyed all of the Guitar Hero games (it helps when you play guitar for real).
08/16/10 at 09:50pm in Gamers
My "gaming" is confined to NoLimits, the RCT series, and whatever is getting good reviews at the time for the iPhone/iPod touch.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
08/16/10 at 09:52pm in Gamers
Mmmm.. NoLimits. I have that on a CD somewhere. It's been a long while since their last update, no? I remember back years ago they were talking about adding new types of cars to choose from - then never did. I'd check the website for a few months but they just stopped updating it. Damn shame. Frowning

"Sometimes you just have to give up all of the things that make you special and just be like everyone else: a looser." -Swiftman

08/16/10 at 10:00pm in Gamers
They say that NoLimits 2 is still under development. My fingers are crossed.

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
08/16/10 at 10:02pm in Gamers
Yeah, but so is Duke Nukem Forever. Winking

I'm hoping, though. I've spend too many hours in NoLimits (and RCT3 pretending it was NL2 - but failing, before I gave up on it).

08/16/10 at 10:30pm in Gamers
I think I can establish my position as the board's uber-geek with this revelation: I've been playing in a medieval/fantasy Live Action Roleplaying Game called Darkon for 18 years Smiling
08/16/10 at 10:32pm in Gamers
You, Shafor, are a hero of mine. Grinning

I've always wanted to get into Darkon, but never had the chance to delve into it deeper than I did for an hour or so one day. Pics - make it happen. Winking

08/16/10 at 11:31pm in Gamers
List of things to do before I die:

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
|#248 Hug a penguin . . . . . . . . . . ..|
|#249 Learn to use a pogo stick . . . .|
|#250 Play a game of Darkon . . . . . .|

08/17/10 at 12:32am in Gamers
|#251 Meet Nobuo Uematsu. . . . . . . .|

You forgot one. Winking

08/17/10 at 01:00am in Gamers
That was #168

08/17/10 at 01:10am in Gamers
Heart

08/17/10 at 11:30am in Gamers
I haven't played RCT3 in a while. Lately I've been playing Red Dead Redemption a lot.
08/17/10 at 05:51pm in Gamers (Latest Edit: 08/17/10 at 05:54pm by Nora.)
Rock Band; it is my obsession and life-blood at this point. Any Rock Band- doesn't matter. I used to play all kinds of Survival Horror games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill... but my free time has diminished and one really needs unhindered hours upon end to beat the games in a timely manner.

I used to work at EB Games for years.... played about everything. Puzzle Games, RPG's, First Person Shooters, Fighting Games, and side scrollers were all good. I like most Wii games and still love the continual classics - Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda... etc.. type games. SIM games are the devil. If I so much as play a SIM game for more than 2 minutes, I might as well check into a rehab center and give up on a life outside gaming.

PS- I was the very first female hired at Electronic's Boutique in the Southeast Region... way back when. Hilarious. They had to make up a dress code for me! Tongue

PPS- LovDoc, your Jersey Shore profile photo is giving me nightmares! The horror!

Frowning

BGW: Have a great day at Busch Gardens, The Old Country! KD: Ride on!
08/17/10 at 06:22pm in Gamers
Everybody watches the Jersey Shore ... and nobody will ever admit to it. Winking The Sitch 4 LIFE! *chuckle* The most entertainment-packed hour you can ever have - every Thursday night. Winking I figured I needed a picture to put there - why not make it something everybody can laugh at that's not my self-portrait. Grinning

Rock Band, eh? We're going to have to find each other one day online or elsewhere. I demand a rematch, but instead of 're' - we can make it 'the' ... get it ... GET IT? huh huh huh ???¿?¿¿?

Ugh, I can't stand The Sims at all. I was interested on the first one .. but then 50 expansions later, a failed online game and sequels of me pretending ot live a virtual life inside of my own real life became .. silly (I'm being nice here). Tongue

I'm losing my mind. Can this day end please so I can look forward to tomorrow's fun-filled excrement .. I mean excitement!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |