ParkFans Logo

Forum Software Bug Reports

08/02/11 at 02:27pm in Forum Software Bug Reports (Latest Edit: 01/14/12 at 05:13pm by Zachary.)
Report any issues you have with the site that you believe to be bugs.

Twitter: @KingofWBurg
08/02/11 at 03:15pm in Forum Software Bug Reports (Latest Edit: 08/02/11 at 03:15pm by Zachary.)
System: Android 2.3.5
Browser: Default Browser
Forum Theme: Mobile

Problem:
It's a bit hard to explain, but I'll try: The text boxes seem to cut off the last line or two of text if a post is longer than the text box is tall. In other words, I can keep typing beyond the length of the text box and can scroll through the extra text like normal until I get to the last line or two. Basically it acts like the text box is longer than what is actually visible. I can get around it by adding two blank lines to the end of my posts before they get to a point that I need to scroll, but it's pretty bothersome, especially when editing double posts or quoting long posts that already require a scrolling text box. I've had this problem on Android 2.2, 2.3.3, 2.3.4, and now 2.3.5 on every ROM and browser I've tried.

System: Win Tongue_out_laughing, Vista, & 7
Browser: IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and just about everything else
Theme: Desktop

Problem:
In layered forums such as Other Parks > Busch Parks > Busch Gardens Tampa when I view a thread, it marks the new posts as read like it should, but doesn't mark the forum itself as read. So if I were to read all the new posts in the threads on the Busch Gardens Tampa board, it would mark the Busch Gardens Tampa board as read, but not the Busch Parks board. Clicking into the Busch Parks board fixes the problem, but it's still an annoying little bug. I've had problem on every computer and browser I've used between the day I signed up and now.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
08/02/11 at 06:19pm in Forum Software Bug Reports
I'm not having that problem on android 1.6. I am however having a different problem. On some threads, particularly large ones like the 2012 and mach tower threads, it will mark the thread as having new posts and i can see who made the new post. But when I click on the go to new post icon it takes me to the first page. when i go to the last page the most recent post is not up there. It's almost like it lost that post.

I've even seen that happen to my own posts. I make a post, then it will take me to my post but instead of going to my post it takes me to the front page and when I go looking my post is not there.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
08/02/11 at 06:23pm in Forum Software Bug Reports
I'm having the same problem as pandorazboxx.

Browser: Safari version 5.05

The Big Bad Wolf: 1984 - 2009

©2009-2011 BGWFans.com - BGWFans.com Forums.
08/02/11 at 06:50pm in Forum Software Bug Reports
It's definitely not browser/os dependent. As you all know, the post will appear once someone makes another post. Perhaps as a short term work around when this happens you can add a temporary post, copy your original post, delete it and create a new one.

Obviously this isn't the best option, bit until I can get an update or address the issue, it may get the job done.

08/02/11 at 06:50pm in Forum Software Bug Reports
I've had the same problem as Pandora and ArrowWolf on my phone, but never on my computer.

In other news, everything seems to work perfectly on iOS. Chris, are you trying to tell us something? Tongue

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
08/02/11 at 09:14pm in Forum Software Bug Reports
Try marking forums as read.
08/02/11 at 11:06pm in Forum Software Bug Reports
On my android I have the same issue on the mach tower thread. No matter how many times I hit last post it just reloads the first page.
08/04/11 at 12:15am in Forum Software Bug Reports
I've upgraded the forum software. Check your reports and give me an update.

08/04/11 at 01:28am in Forum Software Bug Reports
Both of the bugs I listed are still alive. Luckily it sounds like the first one is just me and the second one is easy to work around (like ScoutN said).

08/04/11 at 07:40am in Forum Software Bug Reports
ha, I just ran into the same issue with the mach tower thread. I could only see up to Zoomy's post, but it said someone else had posted since then.

08/04/11 at 10:44pm in Forum Software Bug Reports
Having the same problem on my Macbook. Snow Leopard.

In case you're thinking I might be wrong about this brilliant theory, please, consider the following: No. I'm not.
08/04/11 at 10:47pm in Forum Software Bug Reports
Well, like I said, it only seems to be happening to long threads

08/07/11 at 12:02am in Forum Software Bug Reports
(08/02/11 06:50pm)Swiftman Wrote:  In other news, everything seems to work perfectly on iOS. Chris, are you trying to tell us something? Tongue

I actually tried to use the BGWFans app on my iPod Touch hoping I could see the last couple of posts on the 2012 coaster thread (It's been glitching all day for me.) and it still wasn't working. So let the record show that the glitch is also affecting the iOS software as well.

The Big Bad Wolf: 1984 - 2009

©2009-2011 BGWFans.com - BGWFans.com Forums.
08/07/11 at 12:14am in Forum Software Bug Reports (Latest Edit: 08/07/11 at 12:19am by Gavin.)
Its happening to me, too. Google Chrome, Tongue_out_laughing, Vista, and Fedora; Firefox, Tongue_out_laughing, Vista, and Fedora; Opera, Fedora; and Opera Mini, LG Rumour Touch. The only workaround I found is to hit post reply, and scroll down on that page to see the posts. Crying

BTW: For those of you who don't know, Fedora is a Linux Distro available free from http://fedoraproject.org

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |