ParkFans Logo

Germany Train Station

07/22/11 at 01:08am in Germany Train Station (Latest Edit: 11/14/13 at 09:23pm by Shane.)
It sounds like the testing that they did with the trains went well and there will be another station added in Germany along with the 2012 coaster or in 2013.

Anyone want to confirm?

EDIT: This is in the rumors section for a reason- take it with a grain of salt. It's just what I'm hearing.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
07/22/11 at 01:11am in Germany Train Station (Latest Edit: 07/22/11 at 01:12am by Griffon.)
ha the blue train barely makes it up the hill.....the only train I could see being able to stop and continue on would be the green train....the red train spun for a solid 8 seconds last weekend....
unless they level out that section of the track
07/22/11 at 01:14am in Germany Train Station (Latest Edit: 07/22/11 at 01:14am by Zachary.)
Maybe that's what they have planned. I wasn't sure about the tests (hence the "it sounds like"), but I assumed that they had to of gone well for them to consider it. I guess leveling could be a possibility.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
07/22/11 at 03:44am in Germany Train Station
They really need one back there. It's the one major hamlet in the park that lacks a train stop. Giving park visitors train access in and out of that area would be great for business.
07/22/11 at 04:28am in Germany Train Station
(07/22/11 03:44am)Unagi Wrote:  They really need one back there. It's the one major hamlet in the park that lacks a train stop. Giving park visitors train access in and out of that area would be great for business.

While yes that is the case, the spot they were stopping at is a decent distance from the main path. I feel like I could walk to New France in the time I would spend walking to the back of FP
07/22/11 at 07:06am in Germany Train Station (Latest Edit: 07/22/11 at 07:07am by Haberdasher1973.)
(07/22/11 01:11am)ivybrit Wrote:  the only train I could see being able to stop and continue on would be the green train....

Unlikely; Der Hochbeinege and Balmoral Castle have bigger drivers on the engine as they were custom built; chances are, Alpen Express wouldn't even fare as 'well' as they did...
(07/22/11 03:44am)Unagi Wrote:  They really need one back there. It's the one major hamlet in the park that lacks a train stop. Giving park visitors train access in and out of that area would be great for business.

True, but at least Rhinefeld has a skyride stop...

"I am not bound to please thee with my answers." ~Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
07/22/11 at 09:07am in Germany Train Station
(07/22/11 01:11am)ivybrit Wrote:  ha the blue train barely makes it up the hill.....the only train I could see being able to stop and continue on would be the green train....the red train spun for a solid 8 seconds last weekend....
unless they level out that section of the track

That do I find odd. Blue and green were purpose built for the terrain and BGW. Neither of them have ever really had any problems back there unless completely loaded and dead stopped. Alpie however has been known to spin when completely loaded while going up and also when having to start on the back stretch.

There is a whole discussion on the trains in another thread somewhere.
07/22/11 at 01:54pm in Germany Train Station
This would be good for after concerts in the new amphitheater.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
07/22/11 at 02:46pm in Germany Train Station
If they do actually add this station, would they be able to run an extra train if they felt the need? This would help on really busy days and get people off pathways.
07/22/11 at 06:33pm in Germany Train Station
(07/22/11 07:06am)Haberdasher1973 Wrote:  True, but at least Rhinefeld has a skyride stop...

The Skyride has crappy capacity and is down quite a bit. A train stop back there would be better and more efficient to transit passengers in and out that section of the park.
07/22/11 at 06:34pm in Germany Train Station
Blue and Red both have more than enough capability to make it through this route. They just need a bit of touch up.
07/22/11 at 06:37pm in Germany Train Station
(07/22/11 02:46pm)ktmdavid229 Wrote:  If they do actually add this station, would they be able to run an extra train if they felt the need? This would help on really busy days and get people off pathways.

They run all three as it is now. If you are wondering of they will buy another locomotive then I would say that is not likely but you never know. I wouldn't rule anything out.
07/23/11 at 05:25pm in Germany Train Station
I seem to see Green running a lot. And it's definitely the runt of the litter. If red and blue had some spin, I can only imagine what green would do. I will harbor doubt until there is groundbreaking or plans uncovered, etc.
07/23/11 at 05:31pm in Germany Train Station
I'd love to see another train station (and possibly another train) added! I really hope this dream will be a reality in the future! :rolleyes:

The Big Bad Wolf: 1984 - 2009

©2009-2011 BGWFans.com - BGWFans.com Forums.
07/23/11 at 09:02pm in Germany Train Station
(07/23/11 05:25pm)PayneTrain Wrote:  I seem to see Green running a lot. And it's definitely the runt of the litter. If red and blue had some spin, I can only imagine what green would do. I will harbor doubt until there is groundbreaking or plans uncovered, etc.

Ask the engineer's about some of the stories of Green spinning. It is definitely something.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |