ParkFans Logo

Pointless Discussions

06/12/11 at 01:33pm in Pointless Discussions (Latest Edit: 04/30/15 at 01:48pm by Zachary.)
This thread is for anything anybody wants to talk about without creating a thread. This has been created in order to keep other threads on topic. So have something you just want to say? Well say it here! Have a question you want answered about something random? Well say it here!

So I'll start this off.

Who's been watching the NBA Finals this year?

I personally think they are the best in years. I just hope the Mav's can pull off the win tonight.
06/12/11 at 01:57pm in Pointless Discussions (Latest Edit: 06/12/11 at 01:58pm by CarterGee.)
"Pointless Discussion"?

Taking a cue from BGEScape I see...Winking

coastercounter.com/cartergee
@CarterGee
06/12/11 at 02:22pm in Pointless Discussions
You got it. Worked there. Why not here?
06/12/11 at 02:38pm in Pointless Discussions
It's not working there now. Haha.

And honestly, I care more about the NHL Finals than the NBA. Hockey is just more entertaining to watch for me.

DeviantART | Twitter | Last.fm | Steam | 88.7FM WXJM
06/12/11 at 02:56pm in Pointless Discussions
Well nothing is working there now haha. But the concept did work.

NHL has been good too. I would have never guessed Boston would have won those two games. Pretty sure though that Vancouver can finish it in Boston in Game 6
06/12/11 at 03:33pm in Pointless Discussions
Haha totally true. I'm glad I left there. They haven't talked about anything useful in over a month.

And I know nothing about sports.....lol

@CarterGee
06/12/11 at 05:15pm in Pointless Discussions
These have got to be the best finals for the NBA that I've seen in a long time. Hoping the Mavs take it tonight. I'm a wizards fan, so I have a little personal vendetta against James. Also about 3 former wiz players are playing for the mavs. And I'm an ODU alum as well. I remember JJ Barea used to play at Northeastern and torch everybody. Too bad for him he didn't have any other players on the huskies' team.

And while we're on the subject of BGEscape, it just seemed the people over there weren't good at running the forums. It was over run with spam. So they never let anyone register because they couldn't handle the spam accounts. But as you can see from this forum if you let people register that are interested in the park you can have something good. I remember when this site seemed like it was only chris.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
06/12/11 at 05:28pm in Pointless Discussions
Haha, they got so upset with me when I said the site was dead and that I would be leaving them for BGWFans. They used excuses like, "We have school!" or "We're busy!" Well school's out for summer and there hasn't been a relevant post in almost 3 weeks.

I don't mean to hate, but I wonder what it will take to make their site relevant again....or if BGWFans is filling the niche for this subject already and that there's no room for BGEScape anymore.

@CarterGee
06/12/11 at 05:29pm in Pointless Discussions
I'm going for the Mavs as well. They've yet to win a title.
06/12/11 at 08:54pm in Pointless Discussions
(06/12/11 05:28pm)CarterGee Wrote:  Haha, they got so upset with me when I said the site was dead and that I would be leaving them for BGWFans. They used excuses like, "We have school!" or "We're busy!" Well school's out for summer and there hasn't been a relevant post in almost 3 weeks.

I don't mean to hate, but I wonder what it will take to make their site relevant again....or if BGWFans is filling the niche for this subject already and that there's no room for BGEScape anymore.

I've said this before around here somewhere, but it all came back down to some off-site fallout. And so the responsibility fell on someone who really was busy with college. What he's doing now, I don't know, but he still updates the Twitter account from time to time. And they can easily co-exsist, it'd be dumb to think they can't. Don't think that there can only be one fansite for something. (Don't underestimate the size of the theme park/roller coaster fandom.) We over there just need an overhaul to fix some of the bugs and get the frontpage back in order, and maybe some campaigning to get some people back.

We're not benefiting the site by talking about it here.

DeviantART | Twitter | Last.fm | Steam | 88.7FM WXJM
06/12/11 at 10:47pm in Pointless Discussions
LeBron who?
06/12/11 at 10:54pm in Pointless Discussions
Dirk!

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
06/12/11 at 10:56pm in Pointless Discussions
Better than Jordan what?
06/12/11 at 11:48pm in Pointless Discussions
(06/12/11 08:54pm)FlyerMiles Wrote:  We're not benefiting the site by talking about it here.

Well discussing it there didn't do much good either. Just look at CarterGee- he brought it up and he was immediately shot down. Then in the very next post someone instantly tossed BGWFans under the bus claiming that we stole the 2012 leak from TPR.

For the record, I had been browsing the BGEscape forums for a while before BGWFans even existed. I never signed up because of the terrible forum software they use. I just can't stand it. The lack of activity and the general tone of some of the members there were also pretty big factors. I found BGWFans (before it was even called BGWFans) while doing some research on the park's history. I came across Chris's (excellent!) park history articles and started following the site. Soon after that Chris launched the forums and I was the first to sign up. I was offered a mod position and took it.

I don't have anything against BGEscape and I sincerely wish them the best. We can, and have been, coexisting just fine and I hope for that to continue. We are two distinctly different communities and that is abundantly apparent when you browse the two sites.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
06/12/11 at 11:54pm in Pointless Discussions
(06/12/11 10:56pm)ScoutN Wrote:  Better than Jordan what?

Well only Pippin ever said that haha. And he only did because he was Jordan's sidekick

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |