ParkFans Logo

Dollywood 2012 B&M

06/08/11 at 07:17pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
Looks like Dollywood is getting a B&M next year. Rumors are pointing this to be a wing-rider much like the new X-Raptor at Gardaland.

Blue B&M Track and tan supports have been spotted on site.

http://www.coaster101.com/2011/06/07/con...dollywood/

Here's a pic of some track spotted in Kentucky on its way down to Pigeon Forge, TN.

06/08/11 at 07:36pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
Good for them. I like the photo of the track piece on the truck.

The Big Bad Wolf: 1984 - 2009

©2009-2011 BGWFans.com - BGWFans.com Forums.
06/08/11 at 08:22pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
oooh maybe a trip to dollywood next year.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
06/08/11 at 10:13pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
SO! EX! CIT! ING!

coastercounter.com/cartergee
@CarterGee
06/22/11 at 09:13pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
wingrider goodness...bgw def. wouldnt be able to touch the hieght record for wingriders now (if they built one in the future) if the rumors/in park worker is right...220ft tall, lift going up the side of the mountain...then a a drop down to the bottom into a supposed 180ft tall vertical loop that you could see from the parking lot...2-4 more inversions and that lift has to be able to produce 65-75 mph...hate to say it, but this may be your 2012 winner if all is true...you cant see anything in the park from the parkinglot...just trees and mountains!...thats an epic loop...
06/22/11 at 10:10pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
180ft tall loop???? Aww that means Viper will finally be dethroned after over 20 years...
06/22/11 at 11:09pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
(06/22/11 10:10pm)Youhow2 Wrote:  180ft tall loop???? Aww that means Viper will finally be dethroned after over 20 years...

just like i take everything here with a grain of salt...ill do the same with this info...but man, if its true... i know what my first out of state park will be next year...lol...

i love the wing rider design by b&m...so a fast, extremely twisted version...score!....i know they dont do launches, but man...imagine a launched terrain wingrider with 5-7 inversions....drools...Shocked
06/25/11 at 02:32pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M (Latest Edit: 06/25/11 at 02:32pm by ALMS7TH.)
If launch coasters get too popular, B&M might have to start making them for their own good.

Life is a roller coaster, you have your ups and downs unless you fall off
06/25/11 at 02:47pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
I'm incredibly excited about this ride. It's my top contender for best ride of 2012. Assuming the rumors are true. What I'm most excited about it that the ride is rumored to only be 11ft off the ground at any given point (minus the loop). If so, this will be an amazingly designed ride and the definitive ride for what wing riders can be.

Then again all of these rumors could be totally false. Is there a BGWFans-like site for Dollywood? If they're anywhere as good as Swift and Chris there should be some designs laying around somewhere...

@CarterGee
06/25/11 at 03:06pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
haha, hopefully, this is a prototype for the BGW 2013/2014 coaster. Then you'll be super pumped hey Carter?

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
06/25/11 at 03:30pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
If that ends up being true I.....I.....I don't know what I would do. Haha. Though I think that's highly unlikely, I would LOVE to see it.

@CarterGee
06/26/11 at 06:05pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
(06/25/11 03:06pm)pandorazboxx Wrote:  haha, hopefully, this is a prototype for the BGW 2013/2014 coaster. Then you'll be super pumped hey Carter?

i wish... wouldn't really be a prototype though as there are at least 2 being built for next year now... lc12 and whatever they name this one...following gardalands raptor...i think it was smart on b&m's part to build one close so they can keep an eye...and use it as a real life, used prototype...and raptor looks amazing...just short...anything taller, longer, faster, with more inversions is a win in my opinion...

i know they are trying to do great on the theming on bg's new coaster...but have you looked at lc12's proposed theming...holy cow..and i thought raptors theming was crazy...
06/26/11 at 07:53pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
I wonder if B&M is using these to eventually get to a 4th demension coaster. It makes since to me, to ease into building it instead of just building one right out of the gate.
06/28/11 at 06:07am in Dollywood 2012 B&M
(06/25/11 02:47pm)CarterGee Wrote:  I'm incredibly excited about this ride. It's my top contender for best ride of 2012. Assuming the rumors are true.

Hersheypark has a potential winner on their hands with their Intamin hyper next year. If they build something like Expedition GeForce, that'll be hard to beat.

Regardless, this region will be seeing major additions to almost all the major parks (BGW, Dollywood, SFA, Hersheypark). Cedar Fair could also be adding some new attractions to Carowinds and Kings Dominion. And there's rumor of Great Adventure getting a flatride package.
06/30/11 at 08:23pm in Dollywood 2012 B&M
Apparently Hershey's is rumoured to be a cross between I-305 and GeForce. The first drop will act a lot like i305 and then it'll precede into the GeForce section (basically the rest of the ride). Hershey has been so good at keeping their mouth shut about it to the point where I want to get out there and investigate myself, instead of letting other people post pictures and details and putting it all together myself. Great Adventure isn't a rumor, it's a fact. the new management PROMISED there would be new flats next year, and honestly I feel the person who's telling Lance Hart (Screamscape) that it will just be a Sky Screamer should be shot. The next two-three years are going to be big for all the parks in the area as they try to bring guests back into their parks as the economy finally starts to pick up and move.

Now back on topic, I heard it was going to be an inverted coaster going in at Dollywood... But I don't have any buddies in Tennessee and most of the stuff I hear isn't exactly 100% true.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |