ParkFans Logo

WiFi Access Spots?

03/16/11 at 10:43am in WiFi Access Spots?
Does anyone know if there is any Wifi Hot Spots or areas that you can pick up on an unsecured network to access the internet from inside of BGW?

2011 Coaster Count: Loch Ness: 4 Griffon: 3 Aplengiest: 4 Apollo's: 5 DarkKastle: 1
03/16/11 at 04:38pm in WiFi Access Spots?
I don't think so. At least not any public wifi. The griffin has that webcam and I don't know if it's connected wirelessly but if it did the would be one there but it would locked. I had a great iPhone app idea for busch gardens that involved webcams on all the lines so a guest can check out how long the lines were. But the fact that they dont have wifi everywhere makes it impossible until they get some.
03/16/11 at 07:50pm in WiFi Access Spots?
Well i mean BGWfans members are known throught out the park for trying to hack the wireless network near griffon.

2011 Count
Visits: 6
[Apollo: 5] [Alpengeist: 16] [LNM: 9] [Griffon: 7] [DK: 6] [EFP: 3][EITA: 3] [MT: 3] [Bitten: 0] [Catacombs: 0] [13: 0] [DL: 1] [FF: 1]

©2009-2011 BGWFans.com - BGWFans.com Forums. No information or wording or pictures within my posts may be used elsewhere without my written permission.
03/16/11 at 09:28pm in WiFi Access Spots?
We are?!

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Peter R.
03/17/11 at 08:57pm in WiFi Access Spots?
I saw on one of the other threads that some employee came up to one of our members that was wearing a BGWFans t-shirt and said " So your the guys that hacked Griffons Web Cam" as a joke.

2011 Count
[Apollo: 5] [Alpengeist: 16] [LNM: 9] [Griffon: 7] [DK: 6] [EFP: 3][EITA: 3] [MT: 3] [Bitten: 0] [Catacombs: 0] [13: 0] [DL: 1] [FF: 1]

©2009-2011 BGWFans.com - BGWFans.com Forums. No information or wording or pictures within my posts may be used elsewhere without my written permission.
03/17/11 at 09:29pm in WiFi Access Spots?
O, yes, I remember that now. I should remember seeing that it was me that it happened to. He was definably joking though and didn't have a problem with it.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
03/18/11 at 02:45pm in WiFi Access Spots?
i know he didnt have a problem with it but its funny that just saying BGWFANS makes someone remember somethig like that.

2011 Count

03/19/11 at 03:45pm in WiFi Access Spots?
(03/16/11 04:38pm)Sk8er12321 Wrote:  I don't think so. At least not any public wifi. The griffin has that webcam and I don't know if it's connected wirelessly but if it did the would be one there but it would locked. I had a great iPhone app idea for busch gardens that involved webcams on all the lines so a guest can check out how long the lines were. But the fact that they dont have wifi everywhere makes it impossible until they get some.

Theres an app for that. Minus the vids. Ride Hopper app lets you enter ride wait times around the park. Pretty useful. At least at other parks. I haven't yet utilized it at bgw!
09/25/11 at 08:32pm in WiFi Access Spots?
I've wandered all over that park with my iPod Touch to no avail!

I'm certainly hoping that now that they have a BG app they will perhaps add a hotspot or two to endorse using their app when in the park. They are certainly friendly to their online followers seeing as on Saturday (Sep 24) they were selling tickets into the park for only $13 if you said "Dead Line", a promotion only mentioned to facebook followers.

Roller Coasters Ridden
Steel: 70
Wooden: 22
Liquid: 3

2011 BGW Roller Coaster Count
Loch Ness Monster: 8
Apollo's Chariot: 14
Alpengeist: 6
Griffon: 16
09/25/11 at 08:43pm in WiFi Access Spots?
(09/25/11 08:32pm)Wolfpack017 Wrote:  I've wandered all over that park with my iPod Touch to no avail!

I'm certainly hoping that now that they have a BG app they will perhaps add a hotspot or two to endorse using their app when in the park. They are certainly friendly to their online followers seeing as on Saturday (Sep 24) they were selling tickets into the park for only $13 if you said "Dead Line", a promotion only mentioned to facebook followers.

If they add wifi spots, they will advertise it. I honestly don't see it happening for awhile. If anything, they will try to work with wireless providers to increase signal in the park (personally, Verizon only has an issue in the festhause).

Also, they also posted the $13 deal on twitter.
09/25/11 at 08:47pm in WiFi Access Spots?
I don't know what it is, but lately I've been able to get much better 3G reception at the park, including at the Festhaus and Abbeystone where I've never been able to get good access before. Swiftman was saying the same thing. Weird.
09/25/11 at 08:52pm in WiFi Access Spots?
I went in and out of 3g during the 2012 announcement. Usually I lost signal completely. I do know that verizon was testing their 4g network that day, and they usually improve their 3g network in a 4g area.
I don't know what provider you use, but that seems to be the case for me. My girlfriend has sprint and she had a voice signal but never had 3g while inside.
09/25/11 at 08:56pm in WiFi Access Spots?
I have Sprint. It worked perfectly throughout the 2012 announcement. I was posting on Twitter and FB the whole time. Never normally able to do that.
09/25/11 at 09:01pm in WiFi Access Spots?
Well that's good then. She has a rather "poor quality" phone, so that could be a cause of the issue.
I still do think it would be nice to have wifi at the restaurants. But, I can see that being an issue of safety for the parks main network. My networking classes have shown me some amazing things...
09/25/11 at 09:28pm in WiFi Access Spots? (Latest Edit: 09/25/11 at 09:29pm by Gavin.)
Sprint is going through and upgrading their towers, and basically rebuilding thier network. Which is going on separately from their 4G upgrade.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |