ParkFans Logo

Construction Photos

02/14/11 at 01:33pm in Construction Photos (Latest Edit: 02/14/11 at 02:02pm by jedijunky.)
I have always loved going to BG, and the history/evolution of the park has continued to interest me. I was wondering if anyone has some construction photos of the park and it various countries.

Also has anyone on here come across a book or made a book detailing the history of the park and how it has changed and grown through the years?
02/14/11 at 04:09pm in Construction Photos
I dont know about a book but i think we should pull a couple members together and make one!!!!

2011 Count
Visits: 6
[Apollo: 5] [Alpengeist: 16] [LNM: 9] [Griffon: 7] [DK: 6] [EFP: 3][EITA: 3] [MT: 3] [Bitten: 0] [Catacombs: 0] [13: 0] [DL: 1] [FF: 1]

©2009-2011 BGWFans.com - BGWFans.com Forums. No information or wording or pictures within my posts may be used elsewhere without my written permission.
02/23/11 at 05:36pm in Construction Photos
(02/14/11 01:33pm)jedijunky Wrote:  Also has anyone on here come across a book or made a book detailing the history of the park and how it has changed and grown through the years?

Check out "Amusement Parks of Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware" by Jim Futrell. I got it for Christmas because I was always checking it out from the library. The book details A LOT about past-present BGWSmiling.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
02/23/11 at 05:46pm in Construction Photos
^Well I know which book I will be reading next..... well not next on account of I am not reading anything, so now!
02/23/11 at 07:17pm in Construction Photos
Which library were you getting it from? I may just have to go check it out (and buying the book if it's worth it).

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
03/04/11 at 07:41pm in Construction Photos
Lots of libraries have it. try looking for it on Amazon.com. By the way, the book contains cool info on ALL of the amusement parks in Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware (KD, 6F, BGW, and minor parks).

Find Busch Dominion:
03/04/11 at 10:20pm in Construction Photos
My dad has a bunch of 35mm shots of this somewhere. I cannot seem to located them for some reason though. There is another coaster he has a bunch of pictures that used to be there as well.
01/21/15 at 09:59pm in Construction Photos (Latest Edit: 01/21/15 at 10:03pm by Connor.)
After searching for what feels like forever I finally found pictures of construction from 1975 by simply going to the Daily Press and typing in "Busch Gardens".
And the first ever aerial.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  MAZ, James, woodmaker, Nicole, John, SWStevo, halfabee, netdvn, Zachary, Hoopla, Hawth, Luke, CastleOSullivan, Alf33
01/21/15 at 10:04pm in Construction Photos
I'm going to go ahead and try not to cry the rest of the night now.

So many trees..

So much promise...
01/21/15 at 10:28pm in Construction Photos
James, that aerial picture was the whole park back in 1975. Think about how far we've come. Oktoberfest, Italy, Festa Italia, Land of the Dragons, Forest of Fun, Word Class Roller Coasters, High Tech Dark Rides, and much much more. If you asked anybody in 1975, "Could you see Busch Gardens Williamsburg having all this in the future?" They'd think your'e crazy. Busch Gardens The Old Country was an advertisement for AB and that's all it was meant to be. Of course people loved it and the demand grew and so did the park. All of the changes are for the better of the park. While some people wish the park was what it was like in 1975, people have to accept change, and Busch Gardens is changing.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  Celticdog, Peter R., Brandon
01/21/15 at 10:35pm in Construction Photos
I was just being dramatic...
Thanks given by:  Thomas, Connor, Zachary
01/21/15 at 10:38pm in Construction Photos
Oh. Sorry bout that. Tongue If you look in the first photo you can see the railroad track in the upper right corner making a turn. I would assume it's near where Festa is located or the turn when going from Caribou to Tweedside.

Where is Hummel Boy?
01/21/15 at 10:39pm in Construction Photos
(01/21/15 10:28pm)Connor Wrote:  All of the changes are for the better of the park.

?

Find Busch Dominion:
Thanks given by:  Applesauce, SWStevo, Zachary
01/21/15 at 10:44pm in Construction Photos (Latest Edit: 01/21/15 at 10:46pm by MAZ.)
That looks way more like a road than RR tracks in the 1st picture. You can see dirt spilling onto it from an unpaved road around the turn. My guess is US RT60.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Matthew
01/21/15 at 10:49pm in Construction Photos
(01/21/15 10:39pm)Joe Wrote:  
(01/21/15 10:28pm)Connor Wrote:  All of the changes are for the better of the park.

?
I meant as in if the park changes something, the goal is not to ruin what ever their replacing or make an addition as terrible as possible.

Where is Hummel Boy?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |