ParkFans Logo

Jurassic World Attraction Replacing Jurassic Park: The Ride in 2019

Universal Studios Hollywood tweeted today that Jurassic Park: The Ride will close this fall to be re-imagined as a Jurassic World-themed ride opening in 2019.

The new ride's description, as seen here, makes me wonder if it will just be the same flume ride with a more modern theme:

Universal Studios Hollywood Wrote:“This next-generation thrill ride will be a fully reimagined iteration of the groundbreaking adventure, elevating every facet of the experience,” a press release says of the new attraction, called “Jurassic World Ride.” “With the introduction of never-before-seen dinosaurs, enhanced storytelling, lush scenic design, an entirely new color scheme, and uncompromised state-of-the-art technology, the ride will capture elements never experienced within a theme park.”

Also, as pure speculation, I noticed that Universal Studios Florida commented in a thread about Jurassic Park River Adventure that "No announcement about changes to Jurassic Park: River Adventure have been announced for us." This makes me wonder if a similar Jurassic World update is in the works at IOA as well.

Find Busch Dominion:
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Connor, CastleOSullivan
05/11/18 at 03:31pm in Jurassic World Attraction Replacing Jurassic Park: The Ride in 2019 (Latest Edit: 05/11/18 at 03:32pm by CastleOSullivan.)
So, essentially this is Jurassic Park: Director's Cut (With Extra Dinosaurs)? That's sure to be a hit.

Seriously though, the ultrasaurus at the beginning of the ride, while he is impressive at full height (though you never see him that way), he needs a chiropractor. Lol. His neck has looked awkwardly curved since the ride made its debut, due to the weight it carries for his one purpose.

I think the ride would be amazing with a proper update. It's still pretty exceptional, even by Universal's standards.

Also, a fun fact: The composer and sound designer for the ride and surrounding area is none other than Gary Guttman, who wrote the score for both The Enchanted Laboratory and Secrets of Castle O'Sullivan at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

Next time you watch Secrets of COS on YouTube (available on my channel and a few others), remember that fun fact when you are listening to the musical part accompanying the grand reveal of the fairy world. Good luck trying not to think about dinosaurs. ;-)

Find Me: Twitter | SoundCloud | YouTube
Contact Me: Private Message | Email
"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  luseendesi, Joe
(05/10/18 05:51pm)Joe Wrote:  Also, as pure speculation, I noticed that Universal Studios Florida commented in a thread about Jurassic Park River Adventure that "No announcement about  changes to Jurassic Park: River Adventure have been announced for us." This makes me wonder if a similar Jurassic World update is in the works at IOA as well.
I'm not sure how true this is, but the rumor is that Jurassic World is supposedly being saved for the new third gate with this being one of the headline IP's. This could be false although with another hundred acres being purchased in April I wouldn't be terribly surprised if a Jurassic World attraction is in the works, just on delay due to the newly added land. Knowing that Universal Beijing will have a Jurassic World area with a new attraction and the companies love for cloning that it could come to this new third gate in Orlando.

On the contrary, markings have appeared on Pteranodon Flyers leading many to believe a new attraction is on the way in that area. Maybe Hollywood is a test project and based on the success of the new movie we could see River Adventure in Orlando being updated along with a new attraction and re-branding the area from Jurassic Park to Jurassic World?

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  Joe
05/11/18 at 04:22pm in Jurassic World Attraction Replacing Jurassic Park: The Ride in 2019 (Latest Edit: 05/11/18 at 04:24pm by Pretzel Kaiser.)
My biggest fear is that the amazing animatronic dinos. Some of them are aged, yes. Some it them are still hold up well though. Uni's nasty habit of screens really can't work with water rides.
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Joe
I still wonder what Universal will do with these massive lands when the IPs become outdated. Could you imagine the mess we might have today if ET had an entire land created around it? Then again, I guess Amity Island was a thing with Jaws, but that could just as easily have been decor at a Six Flags due to the simplicity.

Find Me: Twitter | SoundCloud | YouTube
Contact Me: Private Message | Email
"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  UncleDuncan
Fastest and Furiousest

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  UncleDuncan, CastleOSullivan, Zimmy
05/13/18 at 12:49am in Jurassic World Attraction Replacing Jurassic Park: The Ride in 2019 (Latest Edit: 05/13/18 at 12:50am by Zimmy.)
Transformers tour NYC?

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
From what I've gotten from a few uhhhhh, people, I know, I'm confident in saying that there will be a new major Jurassic World attraction in Orlando. I'm also fairly certain that it will be something quite different from what Hollywood is getting. I don't want to start unfounded rumors though so I won't mention anything else. Also, for what it's worth, consider this a rumor.
Spider-Man meets dinosaurs.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |